SR Laprade 26.4 & Campagnolo 27.0 Gran Sport Seatpost

Bastos87

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Selling two seat posts:

1) SR Laprade Fluted 26.4mm 165mm (came of a Koga Miyata Gent's Racer)

£18 POSTED,

2) Campagnolo Gran Sport 27.0mm 180mm

£28 POSTED SOLD
[/u]
6979147608_52d9dab7cc_b.jpg

Sorry to hijack your post, but how the #¤%&@$§ can one tell the difference between GS and NR posts?? They look the same to me once they're out of the boxes... I'm looking for a 27.2 mm NR post, otherwise I'd buy this one, good luck with your sale!

Well, Im pretty sure its GS because it came of a bike with a GS group. The Engraved cranks en brake calipers say "G.S." so I presume the post is also G.S. and I've owned a NR 27.0mm one, see here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ght=ideale The aluminium looked a bit different IMO.
But no Im not a 100% sure :)

russmeyer":2h1k8ujj said:
Sorry to hijack your post, but how the #¤%&@$§ can one tell the difference between GS and NR posts?? They look the same to me once they're out of the boxes... I'm looking for a 27.2 mm NR post, otherwise I'd buy this one, good luck with your sale!

Ok, thanks! Someone wrote me a pm saying there's GS stamped on the posts as well but could be they only did this extra stamping when they weren't hung over from gallons of grappa or something. Anyway, hope you get your stuff sold, have a bump.

TBH The revamping of the GS range in the 70's merged the NR and the GS range so that they were almost identical.....

OK the rear mech had pressed steel jockey wheel cages, the brakes had the rubber missing from the adjusters, the cranks were polished ..

That GS seat post is basically a NR post in a different box IIRC from my bike shop days back in 1978...

Shaun

Back