Daccordi Turbo Project

Midlife":3iqyihz5 said:
Has someone nicked half of that seatpost LOL

Shaun

It was a great comedy moment especially when I peeked inside the seat tube for the rest of it!

Well a wet and windy weekend made for a good couple of days progress in selling some unwanted parts and bringing in some fancied bits and pieces.

Still a couple of bits short of getting on with the rebuild:

Forks - Would like Chrome but am flexible 180mm min of steerer please
Headset - Campy or Stronglight
Seat - White & Light
Seatpost - Silver 27.2mm

So if anyone has anything from this list they are willing to let go please get in touch.

Oh and the blog is updated for anyone who can put up with my writing style.

Thanks

Most bits have been procured now and hopefully winging their way to my front door. Just headset & cables to get now!

Will update later with pics of my new bits and pieces.

grilla":84ap6376 said:
Absolutely amazing, just read the blog, you're right, she is most definitely a he.

Thanks for taking the time to read the blog, it just helps to keep me focussed and to fill in the gaps I found when I was doing my research so that others have a reference with some fact surrounded by a whole lot of waffle!

Items arriving in a slow steady stream but am happy with them all so far. Just a little bit of polish here and there but all will come good.

Very happy with the wheels, which are courtesy of Tel, and a fresh set of tubes and rubber they are looking good.

Although the wheels are ready to be popped on the frame but it is being held up by not having the forks or headset yet. Forks being posted to me today and Campag Record headset and Cable Set still in My Basket at Parkers Int. Just a couple more pounds needed

IMGP1220.JPG

IMGP1216.JPG

IMGP1227.JPG

IMGP1228.JPG

IMGP1229.JPG

Headset

Bike assembly has started today with the Campy Record Headset arriving in the post this morning. Money still has not permitted me buying the cable set yet and no sign of the forks yet but I couldn't sit twiddling my thumbs.

So the Headset cups have been inserted using the homebrew method of threaded bar, washers and nuts. The cups dropped in like a charm!

I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come with this build :)

Just a brief note to let you know that I have not given up on the build I am just waiting for seatpost and cables to arrive and have reached the stage where I do not want to photograph until complete.

Won't be long I hope :roll:

Back