The Alpinestars 1991 Dx first build!! Finally Finished!!

The Alpinestars 1991 Dx first build !!

Thanks for all the comments, cant wait now to get her up and running , relying on the postman :evil: arrrrhhhh!! A little picture added for good measure!! cheers

I hesitate to say this, but for a ground up build that isn't really the right fork; you'd have been better off with a Manotou 2...

... the blue ano on the 3/4(?) clashes horribly with the classic al-mega paint (IMO) :?

you'd have been better off with a Manotou 2
:LOL: yeah for a ground up build we would have liked a ti mega frame as well funnily enough there wasnt any of those available either ! just cant get the parts these days :roll:

Alpinestars 1991 dx

Unfortuantly this was never going to be a period build as finding the parts would take us far too long and the old/new girl just needs too see some mud!! Finding manitou 2 forks with an 1/1"4 threaded stearer would of been like finding rockin horse .... !! Come on that postman!! ASTAR92!!

?

The postman must be imanant!! arrggghh!! Does any one know the delivery situation from the US through usps postage? cheers

Re: The Alpinestars 1991 Dx first build!! Postmans arrived!

kleinalpine":2vhv0wj9 said:
Hi RetroBikers, This is my first retro build that im doing with my good friend astar92!!
I managed to source this bike frame a while ago from a chap who had it stored from new for 20 years in his loft!! :shock: The frame has no cracks in it, and the paint work is original bright and shiney!! :LOL: Unfortuantly there is a few paint chips but this bike is going to be ridden so not too worried about this!! Ive managed to source pretty much all the parts but im just waiting for the last piece to arrive from america!! Sorry to all the die hard period restorers out there, this bike isnt going to follow the true spec!! This is a sneak preview of the build with the wheels and forks on!! Thanks to GT Steve for the forks!! Lots more photos to come and full spec list!! Any comments most welcome!! thanks for looking, Another photo added as a little teaser!! Cheers Ben
003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

IMGP0797.jpg

:cool: - I like Middleburn rings but I couldn't justify the expense on my latest build so I went for a new Kooka big ring and an Onza Buzzsaw stainless granny from my stock of spares; yours are very nice :cool:

I have a full stainless set on my cro-mega; Surly big/middle and Onza granny (B*gger the expense! :shock: )

Finally finished the build, got a few teething problems which I will be ironing out in the next few weeks!! Here are a few snaps of her before and mid ride the other day!! she rides real nice and is suprisinly light!! Handle bars are a little narrow for my liking but overall I was well happy with how she has turned out, she was dying for the mud as she has never seen the trials in her twenty year existance!! Any comments most welcome!! cheers!!

IMGP0915-1.jpg

IMGP0912.jpg

IMGP0926.jpg

And the final shot is with my good friend Astars cro mega back to back!!
IMGP0931.jpg

Back