Haro DHR Retro Build Project

heavyp

Retro Guru
I dont want this to be to premature and I don't want to go into to much detail as yet (else someone else may build it first PARANOID! haha) but I have to get it started even thou its going to take a while.

So here goes I've managed to get my hands on a Haro DHR made by Intense, its basically a mix of the old Uzzi dh with some M1 bits and M1 geometry stickered up as Haro for when Minnaar and Hannah were riding for them back in 2003

main.php

Shes a bit battered and bruised but in good condition no cracks anywhere (as these frames are known for being lighter and thiner than the m1) but shes off for a soda blasting or I may opt to do it myself with paint stripper.

main.php

This is a rocker from an Intense M1 I managed to get my hands on as the DHR frame comes with the older Uzzi 2 piece rocker thats more flexy and prone to snapping. This fits straight on and this is the same piece as what Minnaar and Hannah had on there bikes and what other people have done to there production frames.

main.php

These arrived today and its funny as I'm more stocked about these, brand new DHR stickers still in the packet its funny what you can source when you ask enough people. 10 years old and brand new.

Nice! sounds and looks like this will be a pretty sweet build.
good to see you have a set of dhr decals to keep it looking factory.
Like these in blue with deemax and boxxers.
will be watching :D

The idea of blue with boxxers (black) and deemax's sounds good!

Could you please take future photos without a trax in the background though?

cyfa2809":1oe260f7 said:
Could you please take future photos without a trax in the background though?

Sorry about that but im not responsible for that this is the image of the bike i bought from another person (i bought frame only).

I have not had time to see the bike yet as ive been away working but its safe and sound at my parents house. Ill get a new pic up soon.

So the frame came with a fox rc which i was going to send away to get the full push factory tune and rebuild but i felt it was a waste of money as this bike is not getting built to race or ride very much at all.

I have had another shock sitting around for a few years now and after doing the measurements realised its the same size as the Fox rc.

I present you a my Rockshox Blackbox shock which came off a team global orange 223 from the early 00's this is the platform that was tried and tested and became the Vivid many years later.
main.php

main.php

main.php

I have tried getting seeing if i can get this shock serviced but to no avail as there are no seals or sizes for the seals i can get my hands on.

Blimmin hell thats one lovely shock.

Hope you can get it serviced.

Maybe a call to sram would suffice, see if you can speak to one of the work shop guys and not just a suit.

cyfa2809":39mdho8n said:
Blimmin hell thats one lovely shock.

Hope you can get it serviced.

Maybe a call to sram would suffice, see if you can speak to one of the work shop guys and not just a suit.

I spoke to Tim Flooks (tftuning in the uk) he said he did not wanna touch it as its property of Rockshox and each unit cost them like 7500, I explained that i took it to Rockshox at the oz world cup round and they did not seem fazed and he was like ill do it but all i can do is rebuild it and give it new seals this was like 3 years ago maybe longer.

Ive been in contact again recently and and they got back to me buy saying we are sorry we had to speak to Tim as he's the only person who could answer your question and they do not have any seals left, i asked if i could get some if i could get the sizes and they said they don't have that info either. DOH!

Oh god!

Thats expensive and what a night mare!

Next line of enquiry could be the designer or mechanis from there when it was put together or team racer from that time.

cyfa2809":k59l80ga said:
Oh god!

Thats expensive and what a night mare!

Next line of enquiry could be the designer or mechanis from there when it was put together or team racer from that time.

Yep it hurts.... If anyone on here would have any info for rockshox peeps and not just the receptionist thats will never pass the message on it would be a great help.

Back