Which Shock Pump?

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
What shock pumps are people using? I need to get one for some forks I recently aquired, in the past I just borrowed one from a friend every now & then but really I'd like one myself.

|There is a thread for it if you use the search function.
However, i use a halfords one which i got from here for £10. Does me fine.
Not sure how different they can get but i reckon with loer end ones you will get what you pay for.

I have a set of 2011 Reba forks that seem to have regular valves on them for pumping them up. I figured I could use a regular track pump to pump it up if/when necessary.

Is this not the case? If not, I will be interested to see what people recommend here too.

EDIT - just re-read this. Shock pump, not fork pump :facepalm:. Still, same interest applies, I guess they use one and the same pump. Never had an air fork before so a bit clueless about them. The one I have does indeed have a pressure guage on it too. Its a Topeak Morph Turbo thingy.

I have used a hand pump to pump up my shock before.
It worked ok but struggled at higher pressures.
I dont think a track pump would be ideal, yes it (most likely) has a psi dial but i think the voulme would be too large and to hard to be accurate?

+1 for the Halfords pump. The connector is in a straight line with the hose so it fits all forks, the ones with a 90 degree bend don't.

I've got Manitou, Fox and RockShox fork/shock pumps. Apart from some minor details and colour they all look as if they were made in the same factory in China.
They probably were......

Certainly non seems better or worse than the others - the Manitou is anodised red though, so it looks the nicest :roll:

A track pump or a frame pump are far too high volume to be able to accurately set pressures for forks and (especially) shocks.

Thanks for the replies. I don't seem to have much luck with the "search" :oops:

I've tried regular track pimps etc and for one they aren't accurate enough, they also tend to let a fair bit of air out when disconnecting them.

Looks like it's time to invest some hard earned in a decent shock/fork pump .

I have tried cheapo ones and the became unreliable after about a years use. Bit the bullet and bought a Fox shock pump. What a difference - no faffing - pump it to the pressure you require unscrew the valve and that's it.

Latest posts

Back