Pat Rohan Reynolds Frame Super Competition Champion Rim etc

samoles

Retro Newbie
Hi, i am completely clueless as to the bike i received today. Not sure its worth. So here's all i know,

its a Pat Rohan 451

it has a sticker under the seat clamp stating Reynolds Tubular

Under the BB it states 62 63, DC Davis Component, PR 113

Maxi Car Hub's

Super Competition Champion made in france rims

Brooks b17 Standard Champion Saddle

ESGE Mud Guards

sun tour vgt luxe deraileur / sun tour cyclone

sugino 52 japan crank

erm and i think thats about all i know, it was given to me earlier today and just trying to research it. Any info would be fantastic, i will probably sell the bike as its a gents bike and im quite a petite lady. is it a bike made in 62 or 63? Cheers

Hi, now uploading a pic. The. Size seat post to bb is 24.5-25" with 28" wheels. It also has soubitez dynamo, not sure if it works. I've never had a racer, thought id save it from the dump! I have listed it on eBay, starting 150.00, really not sure if it's worth that or not? Item number 3208 9750 0562.
Cheers

The components mark it out as a 70-80's bike, the marks under the bottom bracket might be anything from a makers mark, the angles of the frame or a postcode...

Pics would help

Shaun

I've tried to upload a photo, but it's not working :-( if you look on eBay, i have put one picture of the bike on there. The number is listed below, or just. Look up pat rohanon ebay.co.uk. Thanks for the dating, i just assumed it meant 62 / 63. Cheers

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I agree with Shaun about the date. The Suntour rear mech should have a date code that might pin it down more accurately (FWIW). See here for a decoding of the code:
http://www.vintage-trek.com/component_dates.htm#suntour
Maybe also the Sugino (see same page).

> 62 63, DC Davis Component
The 62 and 63 are the angles between the three sets of tubes at the BB, and Davis Components were a Birmingham (Sutton Coldfield)-based company making frame components used by a number of builders (and certainly in the 70s). Looks like the company was dissolved at the end of 2009.

PR 113 is most likely the Pat Rohan frame number. Not sure of the system: no obvious link to my Pat Rohan 531SL from late 70s.

BTW, I think the 451 is part of the address of Pat Rohan's shop: "451, Rayners lane, Pinner, Middlesex".

Nick

Back