1991 GT Team-Avalanche - FINISHED 23/05/12 (pg4)

My 92 is Japanese built, the 93 is US built. Dont know the 91 :LOL:

Surely the best steel is Japanese ;) (Except maybe Sheffield :LOL:)

Think the_duke is probably right, although we need gm along to confirm. Quick google shows this was probably made in Japan by Toyo. Which is nice.

...but the 91 catalogue refers to the Huntingdon beach manufacturing facility.

agreed, we need GM.. for conclusive info.

GT-Steve":1vmuyy7x said:

Hmm, looking through the US 1991 GT Catalog I'd read it as only the 4 'premier' framesets were handbuilt in the US. The text for the Team Avalanche mentions something about being 'the next best thing to handbuilt'.

Anyhow being built by Toyo in Japan is very much a good thing in my book!

yeah, I'm happy if it's Huntington beach, or Toyo Japan, gave it a quick 'round the block' on the road, and it feels very 'planted'

a bit of a surprise purchase that's now going to be part of the collection/fleet.. :cool:

GT-Steve":z4gfhrmn said:

Hmm, looking through the US 1991 GT Catalog I'd read it as only the 4 'premier' framesets were handbuilt in the US. The text for the Team Avalanche mentions something about being 'the next best thing to handbuilt'.

Anyhow being built by Toyo in Japan is very much a good thing in my book!

They were still handbuilt in Japan, well unless you call the Japanese robots ?

... and just to keep LGF happy, and more in keeping with the rest of the bike...

c256a950.jpg

c9736ba8.jpg

... and I've just been told that some OE style grips are on the way, and that should complete the build.

The (very very worn) XT pedals will be retired in the near future, as well, for some spd's...

fantastic, I was anxious about the possibility of sleep depivation tonight... :LOL:

coming to a retro ride near you, soon.... :cool:

Latest posts

Back