Guerciotti Record

Happy Shopper

Retro Newbie
Hi guys, I've just signed up to the forum so thought I'd share my bike with you.

Guerciotti-vi.jpg

I was all set to restore the 531c frame I had made for my 21st birthday but it's a little too far gone to be viable.
Still with a hankering for a retro steed, to use up 20 odd years of cast off and superceded components, I ended up buying a Guerciotti Record frame from Planet X.
It's built up to roughly replicate a 1992 build and uses most of the components from a Campagnolo Athena groupset I won back in 1992, in a Cycling Plus magazine competition, which came with these first generation Record Ergo Levers.
I've had the frame since last year but done nothing with it until these last couple of weeks when the weather has put me off riding and left me tinkering in the garage instead. Now I'm waiting for the weather to improve and dry out enough so that I can actually ride it!

Love it, very nice indeed - a real beauty alright. It's even got blue jockey wheels, where on earth did you get those from ? :shock:

Thanks for sharing the piccie...

Don't take it out in this shite weather !

I guess if I owned this bike and had plenty of spare cash, the one thing I'd do is get a early nineties Record chainset to match the Ergos, mechs and planar calipers. That's not to say your 10spd Record chainset isn't nice of course.

I've got a blue Flite saddle that would look nice on that ;)

1988_Ben":2yji22sj said:
Love it, very nice indeed - a real beauty alright. It's even got blue jockey wheels, where on earth did you get those from ? :shock:

Thanks for sharing the piccie...

Don't take it out in this shite weather !

I guess if I owned this bike and had plenty of spare cash, the one thing I'd do is get a early nineties Record chainset to match the Ergos, mechs and planar calipers. That's not to say your 10spd Record chainset isn't nice of course.

I've got a blue Flite saddle that would look nice on that ;)

Jeez, how on earth did you spot that! I'd forgotten the jockey wheels were blue and only rediscovered it when I gave the mech a damn good clean. They're Tacx ones that I fitted about 15 years ago.

I've still got the '92 Athena chainset but it's in pretty poor condition and the 10spd chainset was sitting around doing nothing too so it got the nod.

I have a blue Flite saddle too but it is seriously worn despite being no older than this black one. I'm sure there's a white one somewhere in the garage with blue kevlar corners too.

Back