RIH Sport Tribute

sodejuzeg

rBotM Winner
RIH-Sport Amsterdam 1921-2012 tribute 20 mei 2012

After almost a century of manufacturing bikes in the Jordaan area in Amsterdam RIH-sport will be closing the 20st may.

The owner Wim van der Kaay has been making bikes for over 40 years and will retire at 76.
I am glad to see that there will be a tribute ride over the Amsterdam canals for RIH owners on their old or not so old Rih's. Everybody that owns a Rih is invited it will be fun.

I will certainly attend and try to make pictures.

ac1f349e76d16a7c75a56b4a7b2db126.png

I will sure be there. Good reason to finally finish my flamboyant red RIH. Real pity RIH closes doors. The last true traditional competition bike builder in Holland and a palmares with 63 World and Olympic titles - you would think there would be a market in a world that seems to value local stuff and old world quality a bit more than a couple years ago.

6564275627_4130060224_b.jpg

A little extra info:

People are welcome with their Rih's from around 10.00 and the honorary canaltour starts at 13.00.

I probably will be attending on my babyblue RIH

8wjxv8.jpg

I bought the frame last year from Mel, build it and bring it out to tour on sunny days
:cool:

Pity i don't own a RIH, and i just moved into the(ir) neighborhood, will the store remain?

You're welcome with another bike too. I would take something proper with me, but you won't be shot.

can i attend the ride with my no brand chinese carbon fiber frame, or they will quick my ass? i can bring a joint.

Uhmm... :roll: I think you're in the safe mode when you show up with a RIH, Zieleman, PEKA, Presto, Duell, Vittorio and that kind of stuff. Something fine steel, preferably Dutch.

However, if Chinese carbon is the best you have, I wouldn't hesitate to come.

Back