Tentative Sale - Carp Fishing Gear

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I've got a load of Carp gear which I no longer really use, and could do with shifting.

I used to work for Fishtec as one of their advisors, and as such I was lucky enough to get given loads and loads of TFG fishing gear (as well as being sent on all-expenses-paid fishing holidays to the south of France to 'test' the new gear ;) ).

I'm keeping the Barbel rods and a few other bits and pieces, but I've got 3 x Carp Rods for sale, as well as 3 x Carp Reels to go with them and a TFG rod bag to put them all in.

2 of the rods are 12 foot TFG Prototypes with 2.5 or 2.75lb test curves (I'll have to double check). The third rod is a standard TFG Force 8 12' with a 2.75lb test curve.

The two prototype rods went on to form the base of the catalog spec rods, but a higher grade carbon blank was used in the prototypes which was deemed too expensive to put into production while still keeping the cost affordable (TFG stuff is all about affordability!).

For reference, the catalog version of my prototype rods (with a lower grade carbon blank) sold for £169.99 a piece. I THINK (although don't quote me on this) that the prototypes went on to become "TFG Intruder Plus" rods.

The rod bag is a standard TFG bag for 2 or 3 piece rods up to 13' in length.

Reels are TFG Force 8s (again from memory).

Everything is in tip top condition, and I'm looking for about £100.

Due to their size, they would need to be collected (I would be able to meet somewhere near Cardiff or along the M4 within a reasonable distance of Junction 32/33).

Dam need some new rods....

Good kit. Shame im to far away..or would snap your arm off. :cry:

Shouldnt of sold my barbel rods...they make the best alrounders.

Yep. Completely agree with you about the barbel rods. I've got 3 TFG multi tips and they're ace. 1.75lb test curve on one set of tips so plenty sturdy enough to cope with the odd big carp ;)

Greys Prodigys were one of our biggest sellers when I worked there. I took a couple out to Nash lakes in France with me. Very nice!

Latest posts

Back