1991 GT Team-Avalanche - FINISHED 23/05/12 (pg4)

Cheers fella,

Just noticed the front wheel QR - it's only like that for the photoshoot, before anyone chirps up.. :LOL: :LOL:

you're showing such a keen interest in it, I'm going to send it to you in the post... ;)

It shifts like a load of old crap, so tomorrow it's coming off, but I've only had half an hour all day to play with bikes... :(

One of the nicest GT's I have seen for ages now. Good to see it's with matched forks and stem. Lovely paintwork, curious what difference a good clean-up and polish will do :D. Deserves a good pictureshoot before trashed in the mud.

cheers,
Martin

That looks so much better with the stem flipped. I've never seen one with the stem in the negative rise position before.

Martin":303xapno said:
curious what difference a good clean-up and polish will do :D.

Thanks martin, your comments are too kind.. :cool:

with regards your question above, I've cleverly photographed it at a distance where you cant see the grime, but up close a lot of the polished areas are packed full of the usual black crap.

Once it's cleaned to my liking, it will be a lot easier to manage and maintain on a daily/weekly basis.. :D

GT-Steve":2oeox3d4 said:
you're showing such a keen interest in it, I'm going to send it to you in the post... ;)

It shifts like a load of old crap, so tomorrow it's coming off, but I've only had half an hour all day to play with bikes... :(

Well, it does sort of stick out a bit...

Coming along well there Steve, looks like you bagged a real survivor there. All you need now in a 'tache and a mullet like Dave Wonderly.

Any idea where the frame was made?

Attachments

• GT-Steve this time next week.jpg
    GT-Steve this time next week.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 777
Cheers John,

As a thought, I might bring a load of fake 'tasches to Mayhem this year.. could be the new retro look for the event... :LOL: :LOL:

I'd love to think the frame was built in Huntingdon beach, as with the Zaskars from that era, but being Tange tubing there's the possible reality that it was a good few thousand miles East - I will sit down and do some homework on that one..

Back