Mtb Daves 1992/3 gt rts-1 absolute final photos p3!!

some photos with out the dcd and the correct onza barend plugs and with the xtr brake pads.

004-4.jpg

002-6.jpg

001-6.jpg

003-3.jpg

merkx you were right looks better without the dcd!

much more :cool: :cool: :cool:

That's a fantastic build whichever way you look at it... :cool: :cool:

Bars look really apt.. ;)

can you tell me where to get them grips, cos I NEED a pair... :D

The grips I got from here steve but there not too common I didn't have to many people saying the had them.

The bars I got from another great guy off here, ;)

Very nice Dave.

As for the rear brake , when I built up the RTS-2 frame I got from you I ran the cables the same as in the link supplied by Merckx further up this page.
I used the brass insert from an electrical cable connector block as the clamp to join the cables. Works a treat although it's brass. Would have been better if it was a white metal.

Not a great deal of brake power , no wonder the system died a sudden death ! Thank goodness for the standard front brake.

Nice

My RTS2 is getting there and managed to get the rear brake assembly so its one advantage I have on yours. Apart from that, yours pi**es on mine.

Very tasty.

Nom.

Thanks for the comments guys,especially the one's about the rear brake I was wondering what I could use for fixing the cables together!!

I wanted to build this as per factory spec with a few things changed as what would have been changed bitd (cranks,brakes etc)

I really enjoyed all the gathering of parts etc and can't wait for the next one!

As for this it's going to stay as it is apart from a tioga disk drive rear wheel,but that will have to wait for the time being!!

Thanks Matt

I have sorted the rear brake will add some photos next weekend as am in Sheffield working but it's great to have the bike finished at last,feels great to see her in all her glory!

As I said my first build I hope the next is as interesting!

Back