Street tyre ideas?

Bob

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm thinking of getting some new tyres for the spare wheels of my LTS and want something chunky and don't want to go above £20 per tyre.

I'm looking at..

A) Halo twin rails, 2.2". (colour to be decided later)
Or
B) Schwalbe Crazy Bob's, 2.35" rather like the name :LOL: , but will have to measure the clearance.
Or
C Any other ideas or comments on my choices above? There doesn't seem to be anything in it as far as the reviews on CRC go.

Cheers, Bob

Crazy bobs come up huuuge! Bigger than hookworm i had as i recall.

I did a thread a while ago about this in here which would help you no end.

I think i will go for bontrager big hanks when coming to replace.

Crazy bobs squeal really nuce through subways and are quite easy to drift on smooth(er) surfaces.
i heard the twin rails do that also.

Them bonty one's are smooooth :shock: can't seem to find anywhere selling them though :?

There is a bontrager dealer near me, the bike cellar i think.

Well i emailed them to ask if they could get them - no reply (had a lot of that lately!).

The Big Hank has been discontinued. So no 2.5" anymore unless you can find someone who still has some in stock.

My Bulls is running a set of 2.2 Bontrager Hank tyres, which are still available.
I can't praise them enough. Low rolling resistance and wear, yet grippy on dry and wet roads. They're even okay on snow and ice really. And the feedback they give you while riding is excellent. If they made a 1.95" version as well (for clearance), I'd put them on all my bikes.

Trek = all black and red!

Ah thats a shame as i probably wanted the 2.5 (trying to compensate? me?!).

Not buying yet so my options may change!

Got the idea from raging bulls!

Back