Ti Fat 99

neebsta":4f2z1edb said:
You have to turn one of those FSA spacers around the right way though :D
ti-fat-man":4f2z1edb said:
while your turning over the spacer :LOL:

I wasn't going to mention the spacer because I thought I was being too anal, but seeing as its already been mentioned.......you need to turn that spacer up the correct way! :LOL: :D

lovely bike, I do like Fat Chance, always fancied a Kandy Wild Cherry Yo Eddy ;)

Nice ride Radaslow.

Watch those swans though, they'll break your arm soon as look at you.

The Ken":3mszteew said:
Top work as usual Rado, how does it compare to the Xizang? I'm guessing a softer lighter ride.
Depends which one you have on mind :D Xizang is a darn good ti frame as well, I'd say both perform very good. Ti-Fat weight is 9.7kg (without bottles and cages), almost same like my first 98 Xizang but that Xizang was a really weight weenie with F3 carbon forks @ ~1100 g compared to lardy ~1500 g Duke Race . But I feel much safer with these so it's a better deal after all. Frame alone is lighter though (1420 g)

Not softer at all. In fact frame is quiet stiff like on titanium what is great when I do uphills but loosing in comfort and this special feeling titanium is all about. Dare to say is even stiffer than Xizang. C. Chance tried made this frame more like Yo-Eddy too hard and stiffed rear end bit radically me think.
That said, there's still some small vibration absorbing, bike accelerate like rocket, climb like a goat and handling is just amazing like nothing else I've tried before.

Radoslaw":ri61i3r5 said:
Just my guess 99? They shut doors in 2k.

That would be about right for making them, though they still had a few frames hanging around into the 21st century.

Sweet frame, and interesting build, Rado ;)

Maybe I missed it, but why do you go with a dura ace RD? I would only move the duke fork, and decide on whether to stick with the red ano or red cables, not both.

But that's nitpicking; looks like a great rider, nice pick-up :cool:

Thanks. I agree on the forks, they are just temporary stock forks snapped quiet cheap. I like them though. In fact I've recently put White Brothers SC70 from same year and they goes with frame rather nice. I'll update photos when I'll get chance to do so.

As for Dura-Ace, few reasons why: its shiny, its light, has super short cage which I like a lot, insane slick shift with dura-ace cassette (close ratio 11-23 is so sweet plus weight of only 160 gram)
The main idea behind this was to achieve kind of "micro drive" and it works for me very well.

Back