1995 TREK Y-22 NEW PROJECT - DONE AND OUT FOR A RIDE!

34henry3w":2k2r5ibn said:
Thanks man

Do you have any pictures? The paint can be perfectly replicated. I had great results with my trek 930 which is the same colour. It is white primer with a gold base and several layers of translucent red. It can be done.

Velocals or gil m on this forum can hook you up with decals.

Thanks again for the compliments!
`
Henry, I only have one picture by now. Please, check it in my gallery. This bike was my first bike in adult life. It was love at first sight ever since I saw it in the magazines back then in 1994 !
As soon as possible I'll post more pictures.

34henry3w":17sym3kg said:
Its done!..more pics at:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171163

Hi Everyone.

Here is another bike I really wanted as a kid but could not afford. I just found it on Craigslist in Indiana and had it shipped to me in Canada. I have begun the restoration this weekend!

The frame and fork are in impossibly fantastic cosmetic condition considering that the drivetrain and brakeset / shifters are totally worn. I will be rebuilding it totally stock with new condition 800xrays and NOS Diacompe pc7s.

I have totally disassembled and buffed / waxed the frame..

I am making one mint Judy XC out of the one that came on the bike, one I got on Ebay (for $25!) and some AWESOME new decals from Gil M!

I even have NOS tioga Psychos for it!
Hi, Henry.
Yet talking about the painting: after having it totally painted the decals are applied on it, correct ? Soon after is a special transparent varnish applied to finish the work? In your bike it looks so, once it'is a perfect bike and I mean a really perfect baby.

Hey man

You paint, clear, let the clear curr really well, then put the decals, then another coat of clear over top of the decals You do this so if you mess up the decals, you can remove them without damaging the paint.Any auto body shop can do it.

34henry3w":38ai4dxe said:
Hey man

You paint, clear, let the clear curr really well, then put the decals, then another coat of clear over top of the decals You do this so if you mess up the decals, you can remove them without damaging the paint.Any auto body shop can do it.
Man, I saw your bike list and I had the same bike as you. I used to ride on a marvellous electric plum '93 Trek 930 SHX and gave it to my brother.
Nowadays that bike is painted in black because my brother didn't take care of it and its paint faded a lot in the sun. I have both catalogs by Trek depicting my bikes.
Thank you very much for the tips about the paint. Maybe this time I'll take a chance and send it for painting .

Back