Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

1991 Dynatech Encounter

Finally removed the crappy seatpost which took 2 days soaking & 2 hours twisting & pulling :evil:
The old one was obviously too big so what is the correct size for my 1991 Dynatech Encounter?

elPedro666":dkl0ogd2 said:
Does anybody have any experience of un-bonding/rebonding the joints on these? I have a split chainstay :)cry:) and it's been suggested I could swap it for an unsplit one...

Sounds simple! :roll: :LOL:

I recently had a 2070 frameset with a split chainstay. Investigated and decided it was too complex to repair and wasn't worth fixing :(

Russell":2n0mezmi said:
elPedro666":2n0mezmi said:
Does anybody have any experience of un-bonding/rebonding the joints on these? I have a split chainstay :)cry:) and it's been suggested I could swap it for an unsplit one...

Sounds simple! :roll: :LOL:

I recently had a 2070 frameset with a split chainstay. Investigated and decided it was too complex to repair and wasn't worth fixing :(

Easy_Rider is very kindly looking into for me now (top man!), but I fear that's going to be the conclusion too :( Not prepared to let it go quietly though! ;)

Does anybody have any experience of un-bonding/rebonding the joints on these?

It can be done - but normally in response to it becoming unbonded. The stuff to use is aerospace glue, your local airfield engineering company may be willing to help. I had a dropout repaired using this method.

Don't know if this has been posted...

dynatech.jpg

Won this on Ebay last night. :)
Always loved the Dynatechs and felt I needed to have a bit of retro in my life. Now what to do with it ?

Attachments

• diablo_92.jpg
    diablo_92.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,188
trek_y":17znf53w said:
Won this on Ebay last night. :)
Always loved the Dynatechs and felt I needed to have a bit of retro in my life. Now what to do with it ?

Looks in great condition-cannot beat the Dynatech paintwork
Be fun building it up.

Seem to be a Diablo of 1992 :cool: , great condition. I think the best groupset will be a Deore DX Deore LX from 1992. Please let us see some pics of the assembling.

Best regards from Mainhatten

Back