Intense Tazer FS 1999 – Finished!!!! Pics on page 5

Started installing the Shimano Airlines today. The engineering and detailing in the parts is amazing, I'm not surprised they had a $1200 price tag when new. It seems that every millimeter was considered, maybe I should mount them on the wall instead of my bike.
They even went as far as to brand the tubing... :shock:

Attachments

• Tubing.jpg
    Tubing.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,454
Feels like it’s been 99% ready for ages now, finally had the time to finish the remaining 1% this weekend...

After going for the raw finish, I took inspiration from patinaed hot rods and vintage salt flat racers, another retro area I’m into. Some pointers are; the naturally rusty spring, the traditional splattering of sponsor logos and the Airlines tank, which has a Moon fuel tank look about it. The end result is a kind of fictitious prototype ex-team barnfind. I'm really pleased, it's turned out way better than I could have imagined at the start (yep, that was a while back! ;) )

Why Maguras? I hear you ask. Discs would indeed be more appropriate on this build, but I’ve always loved the neon-yellow of Magura Racelines. Palmer also ran them on his early M1s, which ups the cool stakes a few notches in my book.

Took it for a first run out today and spent most of the time fine-tuning the Airlines. When they’re balanced right it’s hard to beat the crisp shifting, and how sexy is the ‘Psssst-CLUNK’ of the gear change! The slack headtube took a bit of getting use to (never really ridden a proper DS bike before), but on a quick blast of a prime piece of singletrack it came into its element! Quick and responsive, and fools you into thinking it’s lighter than it actually is.

Anyway, enough chat, here’s the first batch of pics…. :D

Attachments

• TAZER1.jpg
    TAZER1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,272
  • TAZER4.jpg
    TAZER4.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,271
  • TAZER3.jpg
    TAZER3.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,271
  • TAZER2.jpg
    TAZER2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,273
Cheers guys! :D

Few more pics. I'll get back to you with the weight and specs...

Attachments

• TAZER9.jpg
    TAZER9.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,213
  • TAZER6.jpg
    TAZER6.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,213
  • TAZER8.jpg
    TAZER8.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,212
  • TAZER7.jpg
    TAZER7.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,213
Forgive my ignorance :oops:
Airlines....did I miss these at some point?! Any good?

Back to the bike....absolutely stunning. Much better than I thought, and I thought it was going to be really good :D

I love the maguras. Preferable to early discs IMHO and give it a much more raw edge. And like you say, any link to Mr Palmer gets a massive thumbs up from me.

Well done on a great build.

Back