Tyre choice

Stoddys":up7z19pb said:
Most stuff here ends up being "ghetto" might just give it a go.

I know exactly what you mean - just like in Greece then.
No worse for it in lots of ways, either :cool:.

Another vote for Michelin XC Dry2's here. They have a fairly large volume so ride bigger than they look. They roll fast and give loads of grip. If you shop around you can find a pair for £20.

20120414_103027_w1024_h768_518.jpg

I think my distributor in Denmark is trying to get shut of some old stock as their conti folding tyres seem to be a lot cheaper than equivalent schwalbes.

Can probably do you a pair for 60EUR plus postage if you are interested. Will see what is available if you are.

Just sold my last pair of Race Kings so have to place a new order quite soon.

I got my Michelins from On-One.
Looks as though they've only got one 2.125" left, though quite a few 2.30".
If you have enough frame clearance I'd go for the 2.30" every time over the 2.125".

They shipped mine to Greece for about a fiver extra, so they'd do the same to Cyprus, no doubt.

You can get away with upto a 2.4 on V's easy enough.

I'd suggest Conti or Bontrager. Nearly everyone I talk too is riding one of those two now. Contis have alot of different choices and are very good value and Bontrager are really hardwearing IMO.

I wouldn't rule out Maxxis or Schwalbe though. Depending on your budger you can get some great tyres there too. Also DMR Moto tyres are good for DJ type riding.

Well I found them just by chance, drove past a small bike shop poped in for a try.
On display on a new bike were a pair of dry2's 26x2
The guy said he would take them off for me as Cyprus douse not import michilen tyres.
Result tried them out today fast on the road and hangs on in the loose stuff.
Thanks guys.
Stoddy

Stoddys":1krgzwhz said:
Well I found them just by chance, drove past a small bike shop poped in for a try.
On display on a new bike were a pair of dry2's 26x2
The guy said he would take them off for me as Cyprus douse not import michilen tyres.
Result tried them out today fast on the road and hangs on in the loose stuff.
Thanks guys.
Stoddy

You're welcome :cool:

I was pumping up my pals dry2's the other day after giving his bike a going over and for what they look like they took bloody ages to pump up compared to most tyres.

I think he got his for around £6 each on the on one sale.

Latest posts

Back