Harry Hall SLX

gavr

rBotM Winner
Harry Hall in Columbus SLX '54'. Chromed forks and rear triangle. I'm guessing late eighties from the colours - definitely fora sunny day. Built up with a mix of period parts mostly Shimano 600Ex, C-record headset and Hubs on Open4CD and Veloflex master.

I used to live in Manchester in the late eighties and could rarely afford to shop there. I remember the gleaming cleanliness and fantastic range of top spec gear, as opposed to the oily workshop smell and tiny stock of most bike shops of the time. The shifters and saddle in this picture were both purchased new in Harry Hall's, I would have loved one of these frame sets at the time...

Attachments

• IMG_3250.jpg
    IMG_3250.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 3,668
Lovely

Thats reall lovely.
I always liked Harry Halls and seen them generally as very 'British' style bikes, most quite good looking traditional bikes but yours is really nice and elegant. The best Hall I've seen.
Jamie

Re: Lovely

Jamiedyer":3urmvk98 said:
Thats reall lovely.
I always liked Harry Halls and seen them generally as very 'British' style bikes, most quite good looking traditional bikes but yours is really nice and elegant. The best Hall I've seen.
Jamie

There's something decidedly Euro about this, what with the white tape and saddle, columbus tubes, chrome forks and rear triangle, colour fades... and then suddenly, bosh!, out of nowhere, a nice bit of good ol' british 'Arry 'All on the down tube. The more I look at it, the more I love it.

I had to double take as well, thought it was a Daccordi at first....

I'm with Jamie, it's the best HH I've seen, and I see them all the time where I live...

Thanks for the comments. I think these frames must have been made in pretty small numbers. 53/39 on the front

A few more pics

He's a few more pictures

Attachments

• IMG_3253.jpg
    IMG_3253.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 3,392
  • IMG_3254.jpg
    IMG_3254.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 3,392
  • IMG_3255.jpg
    IMG_3255.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 3,392