The RB 'what I bought/ found/ scrounged' this week thread

Couple of retro syncros posts, a 26.8 and a larger and older one (writing on the rear of the post rather than on both sides) for peanuts (there are still bargains on eBay it seems), though why these went so cheap I've no idea as they were listed correctly and contained the magic price multiplying word 'retro'?

or "kult"...my personal favoutite...ps are they for konas as i dont know many frames with 26.8 :?:

My rts is 26.8 and I believe other gts were too. Can't speak from personal experience of other makes but I think it was pretty common once upon a time.

2 pairs of XT flatties. and a lemon 317 disc rim to match the nos one i have. :D
Really chuffed to get that 2nd rim,was beginning to lose hope there.

1986 Cannondale SM700 from a local bike swap yesterday-all original spec aside from the front brake. It's a hoot!

IMG_1111.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Charlieboy28":2j1lguug said:
oooh i like this, its like a bmx, is it 26 24 or 24 24?

and have you seen how much xc2 pedals go for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUNTOUR-XCII-9- ... 2a1cd6a2ae

so what did you swap it for?

I bought it outright, it's a bike shop 'swap' where people bring used bikes, the shop checks them over and sells them, and the owners get 80% of the sale price or 100% store credit, it's popular where I live. The wheels are 24x24, so almost BMX-like. I felt lucky to get to it before someone bought it for their kid to trash. I love the pedals-they go for big $ here in the states as well, crazy BMX people! I have a couple other older sets but these are a lot nicer.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back