Mtb Daves 1992/3 gt rts-1 absolute final photos p3!!

mtbdave

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hi
This is my first build and after 6/7 months shes finished. :D
The whole bike has been stripped from the ground up,the rear chromoly end has been stripped and re sprayed new decals/chainstay protector added too.
I bought the frame from ebay.com in november 2011,then went about gathering the parts from ebay from around the world and from people from this site(thanks to you guys for all the help and advice i have recived so far,esp when i was looking for new decals!!)
once i had the parts then it went to get put together and the wheels built and i picked it up today.
am really happy with the finished article and cant wait to get out and ride the bike i drooled over as a 13 year old!!

spec sheet;

GT rts-1 frame with noleen shock 18" (serial 1092176)
rockshox mag 21 sl titanium forks.
seatpost; control tech (black)
bar; control tech (black)
stem; control tech (black)
cranks; cook bros racing "dogbone" c/w shimano chainrings
front mech; shimano m900 xtr
rear mech;shimano m900 xtr
gear/brake leavers; shimano m910 xtr
canti brakes; pauls.
rear cassette; tioga titanium
wheels; mavic 231 rims/ m900 xtr hubs/dt swiss d/butted spokes.
tyres; smoke/dart
Ringle ti wheel qr's
daves chain device
seat; flite ti
b/b; shimano m900
headset;chris king no threadset (black)
onza alu barends(now onza titanium)
gt/ame grips

some quick photos i took earlier before it started raining,
dont mind other people's opinion good or bad!!

Dave.

112.jpg

120.jpg

121.jpg

110.jpg

115.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Mtb Daves 1992/3 gt rts-1 finished with photos

mtbdave":kev6rr7i said:
some quick photos i took earlier before it started raining,
dont mind other people's opinion good or bad!!

Dont think you need to worry about bad opinions, thats absoulutely stunning :cool:

:D
thanks for the positive feedback so far.

if any one can pm me some photos of how the rear brake is set up around the roller that would be great.

Dave ;)

nice one dave! that is really well executed and has come together really nicely. its exactly how i like mt high end GT's...very highly specced,but subtle, no crazy bling going on, and simple alloy and black colour schemes.

not so sure on the DCD, thats just a personal thing though, never much liked them myself.

oh, and you need some non bontrager end plugs! :LOL: or even just pull the B's off those ones!

here's a rear brake link for you

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187193

Don't worry about the barend plugs as I have some black onza ones here will switch tomorrow as well as add the m900 brake pads I have too.

Was in a bit of a rush to get some photos done before the rain came along and the day light went!!

Your right about the dcd I remembered they were all the rage in 93!
I could take it off to see how it looks etc.

Thanks for the pointers on the brake will have a mess about in the shed tomorrow.
:LOL:
:shock:
:cool:

Lovely! I like the black steel back end. Looks alot more classy then the later polished alu version.

I would get rid of those bar ends and put on some odi mushroom grips.

I'm buliding a RTS myself. Where did you get those decals?

just been outside changed the barend plugs to onza ones and changed the pads to m900 nos ones.

i am going to leave the barends as they would have been on as per standard when brand new,the grips are also standard gt ones from the early 90's.

the decals i bought from another rb member after removing the originals not knowing how rare they are now to get in fluro yellow/black.
:shock:

Back