WTD: Gipiemme 6 speed rear mech & Regina block

Ian Raleigh":42749jq8 said:
I've got a brand new never been fitted - never been used Gipiemme branded Simplex SLJ6600 aero rear mech'

I did buy it for spares for my Motobecane !

One problem it cost me a lot of money and not really willing to let it go for no less than £75 :shock:

I can upload some pictures if you just want to have a look at it :cool:

The badge is not the awful green-yellow-black- red-blue version, but mine is a copper colour with Gipiemme in the middle

Yes, that's the one :eek: You sound trustworthy :) Could you post it for the £75?

DeathDwarf":3drs8zwf said:
Yes, that's the one :eek: You sound trustworthy :) Could you post it for the £75?

Let me take a few pictures of it before you decide ! These mech's were made for the Italian market to give Campag' a run for their money.

No worries about me being trustworthy a few guys on here have dealt with me in the past and never had any trouble.

Yeh i can post it to you for all included.

Ian.

nammonk":2bhaig8z said:
I have a pair of Nisi rims in silver, 28h. What number of spoke holes are you looking for?

>> do 7-speed freewheels need 7 speed derailleurs? I mean, if its a non-indexed derailleur can you adjust it so the travel is wide enough?

5,6 and 7 are interchangeable; there is enough travel on a "6" speed mech to cover a 7 speed freewheel. I have used Campag Super/Nuovo/Gran Sport and Suntour mechs on 7 speed freewheels for years. Can't comment on Shimano from personal experience, but I would be very surprised if they didn't have the travel.

Nick

Hi, thanks for the info re the mech - gives me more choice I guess.
Someone else is also trying to find me a pair of Nisi rims, I think I'd maybe prefer silver - or if they're not too pricey I could get both pairs. Would 36 hole theoretically be the stiffest and 28 softer and lighter?

Ian Raleigh":wrfy45b7 said:
DeathDwarf":wrfy45b7 said:

Let me take a few pictures of it before you decide ! These mech's were made for the Italian market to give Campag' a run for their money.

No worries about me being trustworthy a few guys on here have dealt with me in the past and never had any trouble.

Yeh i can post it to you for all included.

Ian.

Thanks.

Hi mate.

Images attached of the rear mech' :cool: I don't think you'll ever come across one of these in such excellent condition.

Paypal personal 'gift' would be nice [thats if you want to pay by paypal]

PM me for further details.

6600001.jpg

6600004.jpg

6600003.jpg

6600002.jpg

28h will be lighter than 36h by 8 spokes per wheel... The rims are the same weight. 36h will build into a stiffer wheel, which can be an issue if you're heavy on your wheels (either because, erm, you are heavy, or because you are putting a lot of power down).

There is a wide range of Nisi rims, and it can be the devil's own job to work out which is which, as the labeling can be a bit hit and miss. Mine are not the very lightweight ones (<300g per rim), but are comparable in weight to Mavic GP4 (400g +). I hardly rode them, as I built them up on a fixed hub and decided I wasn't keen, but they stayed nice and true for the time I did ride them. Maybe somebody else with more experience can comment on the robustness of 28h wheels.

Nick

very, very nice!!!

Ian Raleigh":1n754tn8 said:
Hi mate.

Images attached of the rear mech' :cool: I don't think you'll ever come across one of these in such excellent condition.

Paypal personal 'gift' would be nice [thats if you want to pay by paypal]

PM me for further details.

6600001.jpg

Prestige Simplex Super L.J rear derailleur

Glad your sorted, i had this one.
DSCF0200.jpg

DSCF0199.jpg

DSCF0200.jpg

I will have a look through the Regina blocks i have, to see if i have what you want.

Regards..Quizzer

thanks quizzer -
I think the block I specified was an 'Oro'. If it was a bx or cx in 14/24 or 14/26 I may be tempted if the price was right. But I am already buying a 14/28 silver regina block as the ratios are good if I come across any steep hills.

Back