British Steel

that black anno one is the 94/5 and should fit your frame mount nevada, the caliper floats on 2 posts so if kept clean it self aligns.

Here's a contribution to the merriment. Up and rolling at last:
19eb11da.jpg

All the best,

AT LAST! I get to make contribution to this thread with my newly completed, just shaken down this afternoon with a 15k on / off road ride.

Yates Diabolo.

DSC_0056.JPG

danson67":341jacey said:
Here's a contribution to the merriment. Up and rolling at last:
19eb11da.jpg

All the best,

Cool - saw one so these for the first time on the Surrey National last year.

sinnerman":341jacey said:
I thought it important to add this to the British Steel Thread.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

Thanks for adding this Carl - it's a stunning build as always.

NeilM":341jacey said:
AT LAST! I get to make contribution to this thread with my newly completed, just shaken down this afternoon with a 15k on / off road ride. Yates Diabolo.

Looking good Neil - did you like it?

The DONKIS a Mavic/XTR 1 1/8" head set - must be patient and not pull the eBay BIN trigger on the NOS ones in the states!!

Still stuck on my builds - the Wiskas is waiting for a HOPE disc set up for the rear - figured I'd need to et this set up confirm and Ok before spending lots on the frame re-furb. I did get a nice 3ttt quill stem for it the other day though which will really suit the build I am planning:

Attachments

• 3ttt.jpg
    3ttt.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,135
nevadasmith":31ae6uyb said:
Looking good Neil - did you like it?

Are you kidding? It's a fantastic bike, very direct, excellent steering and great traction when climbing.

Overall, it's a very easy ride.

How the fudge did i miss this thread?

You've seen them before, not really in the same class as Yates & Co but pretty decent in their own right:

The you-know-what:

that_pioneer_again_163.jpg

The other you-know-what:

wishbone_465.jpg

the_detail_125.jpg

more_harry_891.jpg

04AllTerrain.jpg

And the Green nobody-knows-what:

green_green_greener_203.jpg

rear_stays_180.jpg

After seeing this stem, i am very impressed, if this is going where i hope it will end up, we already have a BOTY winner.

:shock:

:cool:

Attachments

• 3ttt_183.jpg
    3ttt_183.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,103
legrandefromage":1hp5h5v4 said:
How the fudge did i miss this thread?

You've seen them before, not really in the same class as Yates & Co but pretty decent in their own right:

Those three are so cool, and I really like the shape of the 'you know what'. I'm sorry to say I've never heard of the builder, but I do like what you've done with the frame.

Back