Salsa Ala Carte through the ages.......

i like the change to a mini pump also, from what looks to have been the old aluminium MT Zefal perhaps?

why no bidon cage on the downtube?

Oh yes, the old Zefal pump. Not exactly compact. Mini pumps were a step forward indeed.
No bottle cage on the downtube because I crashed my '89 Kona Explosif very heavily which destroyed the front wheel, forks,seatpost and saddle. It also did for the frame as well due to a full bottle in the downtube cage. The impact made the Tange Prestige downtube crack at both the bottle cage mounts.
Been paranoid about that happening again ever since.

Ok, for the moment that's the last of the really old stuff, but there's still a couple more boxes of packs of photos to go through that came out of the loft.
In '92 I met Nicky my gorgeous wife of 16 years. The next few years were taken up with getting married, doing up houses and having kids. Don't get me wrong I was still riding my bike through that period, I just didn't take many pictures of it. But I've got loads of pics of babies !!

So fast forward to 2005.
Rock Shox Judy XCs now along with riser bars and USE Shokpost(Ummmm)

2006 - As above but messed about with Magura Hydro brakes.

2008 - Ditched the Magura Hydros.
Rock Shox Judy 1997 provide the crown and stancions and the lower sliders are off some 2002 Judy Xc Air Assists - Frankenstein forks!

During this period I though Grip Shifts were a good idea !

Attachments

• SALSA ALA CARTE 6-04.2008.jpg
    SALSA ALA CARTE 6-04.2008.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 901
  • SALSA ALA CARTE 5-03.2006.jpg
    SALSA ALA CARTE 5-03.2006.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 900
  • SALSA ALA CARTE 4-09.2005.jpg
    SALSA ALA CARTE 4-09.2005.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 900
Oh, forgot to mention that the frame was in need of a bit of white touch up paint here and there by now. Plus the nice Pman at Salsa sent me some new frame decals around this time so it was spruced up a bit.

Brilliant thread. Fantastic to see how you've adapted the bike over the years.
Hopefully see it in the flesh on an IOW ride ;)

Love it! It's good to see a bike "evolve" over time. I'm just about to take my '93 out for my first ride, having spent much of last night fettling the Maguras. Just the tyres to fit and I'm off...

Latest posts

Back