Merlin Ti Elevator FS | Update 1 (components)

treacle":3of6ujh4 said:
No logo, but they look like Merlin bars and the seller seems to think they are also. RB classifieds are a wonderful thing!

ah, okay. yeah think i saw that. passed cuz of it not having the logo. thanks for the details. ;) i'm okay with the bonty/titec ti bars on mine, as it matches the bonty comp forks on it. :)

Yeah also got some titecs as backups. Thinking these could be ibis otherwise as they did bars with bulge

I also have a unlabeled ti bars that have the bulge and thought they could have been Sandvik's.

Can't wait to see some pics of your build!

Okay i'll take the bait......pic attached which I hope doesn't reveal too much of my build.

Slowly taking shape.

Now lets see yours!

Attachments

• Bars.jpg
    Bars.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 914
Build.

As I am almost there with sourcing componants (cables and outers basically left over), I spent some time photographing some of the parts that will go on the frame. Forks, headset, brakes, saddle to follow... Excuse the 2nd pic being out of focus, the light got bad and hate using the flash.

main.php

main.php

Wow nos XTR, Ti Syncros post and quill stem, drool worthy for sure, great pictures as well!

So looking forward to see this bike come together.......

Yep been lucky to be in right place at right time with much of that without paying silly silly money for it. Also chuffed with getting NOS WCS Z Max tires.

Ohh, actually I may have paid a fair wack for the syncros post (NIB, with instructions, box etc) - pretty much what you paid for your whole bike!

Merlin Elevator FS

Hi guys!

The frame is really a work of art!
Merlin at its best, definitely! :)

There were not 500 built but max. 150 if I remember it correctly...

The normal Elevators were introduced in 1991
The FS Elevators in 1993

But honestly I wouldn't drive such a piece of mountain bike history..
I've a friend and he thought he could "race" his old school Merlin XLM... but unfortunately it broke near the headset..

Cheers,

Back