Dave Yates 853 Custom Build :)

I'm still trying to get my neighbour to part with his old Yates as it's a thing of beauty :D

Really looking forward to seeing this as it's the exact route I would go down myself. There won't be another frame the same if your having it custom made and it can be 100% what you want. In my eyes that will be the best thing about it

Hope it's ready for MM :D

Hi.
How is this one going then? Any update?
Cant wait to see the finished result, this would be my frame builder of choice, my dad has one of his older racing frames from his M.Steel days, very nice and svelte frame to look at and ride.

Mike

No major updates to report as yet, still about 8 or 9 weeks away from having the frame in my possession

I have been collecting nice modern high end parts for the build though, but still need things like hubs, brakes, chainset & quite a few other parts

Going to order a load of stuff in the next few weeks so it's all ready for the frame's arrival :cool:

I've not really bought anything for this build lately

It's still about 3 or 4 weeks away till I have the frame in my mitts, can't wait to get it!

Can't wait to see the results of this build. 40 next year and having exactly the same thoughts. Ever since they were launched I've lusted after a DOGS BOLX. Thought that was what I'd have built for my 40th, but also tempted by Pace 104 or a Saracen Kili Flyer, both in their respective blues. All three such nice frames.

All I'm certain of is, is it will be British and Steel.

Perhaps the results of this will sway my final decision. Roberts is soo nice, but the others would be quite a bit cheaper

Back