1991 Rocky Mountain Cirrus **New project** Update 10.10.2011

Not a close up i'm afraid. It was blue/grey and had SV in capital letters going down the front. These decals had been removed at a later date as I can see the fade in paint colour. It has a hole at the bottom about 20mm in diameter if that helps? Also having now seen the original syncros logo i'd say it was the first two letters of that logo with the rest of the letters scratched off around the time when new. Leaving SV - Maybe the original owners initials were SV and he scratched it off for a laugh? The Y can be changed to a V quite easily. I bought it 3rd hand and this is as much as I know.

if it's the stem on the first orig pic you posted, then no, that is not a syncros stem. looks like some generic stem. you can't mistake a syncros stem for any others. ;)

Thanks for that mate in that case it's getting dumped too. Honestly the state of this bike when I got it was shocking. Instead of upgrading the spec over time it had been downgraded to LX and a load of old rusty rubbish. Maybe the seatpost isn't original I don't know, I'm no expert but I do know it's 30.4 and looked 20 years old and a day when I acquired it.

elalpine":rrso8ygq said:
Thanks for that mate in that case it's getting dumped too. Honestly the state of this bike when I got it was shocking. Instead of upgrading the spec over time it had been downgraded to LX and a load of old rusty rubbish. Maybe the seatpost isn't original I don't know, I'm no expert but I do know it's 30.4 and looked 20 years old and a day when I acquired it.

the seatpost is an original syncros, hence my alarm when you painted it. you should really start your own bike thread instead of hijacking Mossy's. ;)

I have seen and 'love' those original Syncros forks though, they look sublime, much more elegant than Rock Shox.

elalpine":188e09w2 said:
Hijacking a thread he'd forgotten existed? I fail to follow.

even if forgotten, it's still better etiquette to not hijack someone elses thread. ;)

and i have spare syncros fork if that interests you. ;)

yep you're probably right. I was just excited to find a thread that still cares about these bikes. Syncros forks eh? What do they weigh roughly? Condition?

Not forgotten! Family stuff and new house take priority.

:D

. . . and as the wife says, "somethings should never be rushed".

Please tell us you didn't cut / paint that post! :D

Regards.

I painted it. Never cut it. :LOL: aha, NOW I realise what the fuss is about. The post is worth more than the bike right? Anyway off to change the saddle for an original and readjust it.

Back