MacRetro Trading Post

Re: Downtube Shifter boss washers

Jamiedyer":y8x410oj said:
Hi Guys
You may or may not have seen my wanted in the road section but I am after a couple of Shimano concave downtube shifter boss washers. Sounds complicated but its not, they are the curved/concave washers that sit under the shifters against the frame. On alloy frames they are flat and on steel they are concave. They are no longer available from Shimano UK.
If anyone has a set or are maybe in a good shop with older stock could they ask if they might have them. They are for Dura Ace 7700 but all the Shimano shifter use the same part for this.
Cheers
Jamie

Jamie is this the nylon/plastic washer that sits inside the lever and shapes to the boss, or the metal round fat washer, that curves round the frame on one side and against the lever on the other? either way I'll bring a little bag of down tube levers spares to torridon for your perusal

Washer

Hi mate
Its the fat curved metal washer that sits against the frame on the curved side. generally when you buy the shifters from Shimano, well Dura Ace anyway, they come with the curved washer for steel frames and flat washer for alloy frames. The flat is still available as a spare part but not the curved. Well not in the UK anyway.
Cheers for any help.
Jamie

I have a brass washer thats curved on one side flat on the other.Similar to the lever end of a skewer

Any good?

Eck whats the stopping power like on them Hope mono m4's ?????

Those Hope wheels any chance you might split them, their two different colours Eck (forgot your colour blind) :cool:

Remember Ive still got that red Hope/D521 20mm combo, just wondered if they would make a pair. The red one you've got is a rear innit? :?

Back