Project P7 all done

tinker

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After all this time i have very nearly finely finished and i love it,,, i just need to put new decals on and some other small jobs. :D I would love some feed back to see What you think??
I dont know wether or not to put flat bars on it or not???

Attachments

• P7 002.JPG
    P7 002.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 963
  • P7 001.JPG
    P7 001.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 963
lol =laugh out loud.

It's obviously something you have put some time into and it is very definately a personal build.

Having p7 and c16r stickers on doesn't work.

The red anodising with different shades is noticeable

The tyres are for newer builds and not retro and the wheels look odd on most bikes let alone this one where they look horrible.

The rear mech looks like it could double as a sidestand so I personally would revert to year correct mechs

Should you sell I would suggest at the very least ditch the wheels and tires and try getting something in keeping with the bike and sort the stickers out.

other than that I think it's fine

Don't hang back sylus say what you really mean ;)

Personal taste indeed.. You clearly enjoyed putting it together
And love it now.. Job done :)

p7

=]Like i say there is still some small jobs to be done e,g, front and rear mech, brakes, stickers ext, The red is a spot on match i don"t know y the cam just don"t look the same, I take it you don"t like the spins,, I do have a pair of mavic"s on XTR hubs, but the spins are just a bit different, [ but i like different] I do appreciate you honesty mate, its just what i need, other peoples views on what looks right or not, as its hard to see your self when building the bike with all the different ideas in your head, its all to easy to get a specific look you look to achieve,

But i think its not bad for my fist ever build,

Thanks for your views,

Tinker

i think on paper it's not a bad spec at all but personally i think you have a little too much going on there.

spins aren't everyones cup of tea and tend to suit other brands like GT or the more wacky frame designs out there, also some people think putting modern spec on a classic frame is like blasphemy, personally i prefer to keep it period-ish correct although done correctly Neo-retro as it has been termed can be cool.

and this is just me but i have never liked red, sorry. i love panaracer tyres but not the coloured stuff.

i would just say tone it down a bit and lose a few of the accessories to give it a more classic look.

the most important thing though is do you like it and the way it rides? if so, leave it alone and politely say piss off to everyone!! :D

I think it's Urban Neo Brutal.

LOVE IT!

Classic it ain't, but it's your bike, built BY you FOR you, so ride it, enjoy it, refine it, and b*ll*cks to what anyone else thinks.

P.s. Have you noticed that everyone hates Spins. But whenever they come up for sale, even damaged ones, they sell quicker than anything.

that bike scares the bejesus outta me... i hate it, but i'd ride it, it looks mean :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Putting aside everything else... I'm not getting why there's a brace in front of the brakes? The fork looks braced already, front and back, does it really need another, in front of the brakes?

Back