WARRIORS AND WARLORDS Chas Roberts & Keith Bontrager

NeilM":1c2v9k5u said:
Great job Carl.

I genuinely think it is amazing that you spend time, effort, and money to save bikes like this from a rusty and obscure end.

Niel, we all have our reasons for our builds and the choices we make, it is really nice when something like this comes along, and i felt it an important enough model to warrant a little more of an explanations as to why.

:cool:

jujupunk":2364ypdc said:
Damn :shock: best post i've read on here in a long time!

Looking forward to part 2!

thanks mate, i hope part two will be along in a minute too.

Jamis Diablo":3j5ktgwg said:
No words, just...

taking-one-s-hat-off.jpg

Im sure C.Roberts, would be a chuffed as i am with that, thank you mate.

Rule Britannia.

As always you exude passion in your write up of what most others outside of ‘our world’ consider an old bike probably not even worthy of some new Halfords Cables. I have seen, and been taken back on each and every occasion that you wind up your total enthusiasm for a bike and allow that creative side to flash through, it’s amazing how a simple good paint job some decals and quality parts can all come together to make me spill my coffee, again!

It’s also good to see that you have received the admiration so deserved, and the keyboard warriors have unplugged and moved on to ad there comments elsewhere. We all have our reasons for building/riding/owning what we do, it’s simply called ‘Our Passion’, that passion will remain for a very long time.

Very good my friend. :D

maverick":2oc5hyz3 said:
As always you exude passion in your write up of what most others outside of ‘our world’ consider an old bike probably not even worthy of some new Halfords Cables. I have seen, and been taken back on each and every occasion that you wind up your total enthusiasm for a bike and allow that creative side to flash through, it’s amazing how a simple good paint job some decals and quality parts can all come together to make me spill my coffee, again!

It’s also good to see that you have received the admiration so deserved, and the keyboard warriors have unplugged and moved on to ad there comments elsewhere. We all have our reasons for building/riding/owning what we do, it’s simply called ‘Our Passion’, that passion will remain for a very long time.

Very good my friend. :D

Thanks Mark, means a lot coming from you my friend.

IMHO its a subtle and classy bike, especially when it came from an era better known for fat tubes and Gucci anodized parts and Bling... :shock:

My favorite part of the story of this bike though, has to be Dave Hemmings, and the impression he left on me Bitd.

And to think, he had the choice of everything from a klein to a Salsa, and yet he chose to RACE a custom built ROBERTS SPIDER, made in surrey.... :cool:

Attachments

• CALL IT ART CALL IT STYLE CALL IT A ROBERTS.jpg
    CALL IT ART CALL IT STYLE CALL IT A ROBERTS.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 954
  • How a Dream becomes reality..jpg
    How a Dream becomes reality..jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 953
  • 20 YEARS LATER AND STILL WE WANT THE DOGS.jpg
    20 YEARS LATER AND STILL WE WANT THE DOGS.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 953
  • Beauty is simply for the beholder..jpg