Marzocchi 2001 Z1 Drop Off

S-M

Retro Guru
Hello, just picked up one of these forks from eBay for the princely sum of £45 (delivered!)

The forks have been serviced with new seals/oil but the lowers need a lick of paint and the decals replaced, decals are on order and i can paint the lowers at the weekend.

I have a few questions though, does anybody know how the travel is converted from 110mm to 130mm ?

All things going well, these forks will end up on the 98 FSR, replacing the worn out set of RockShox Psylos that are currently fitted to it.

I cant seam to find anything online bar some sketchy owners manual.

Psylos need a set of bushes and a stanchion as the anodised coating has worn completly away, it makes for a pretty flexy fork :LOL:

Managed to look over the Dropoff`s today due to a surprise day off work, got them mounted up to the bike and had a quick flick around the car park, they seam spot on, not much flex at all, the stanchions look mint, preload adjusters work fine, but it would appear i am missing one of the rebound adjusters on the bottom of the fork, not sure why i would have 2 adjusters (one per leg?)

The one i have works spot in, the one on the disc mount side looks a slightly different fit, and is missing.

The fork makes a sqelchy noise in use which google has told me is normal :LOL:

Anyway, the lowers were in need of a lick of paint, so they have been sanded down and given some fresh paint, they are now hanging up in the man-cave drying out while my new decals arrive.

I could not find any "drop off" decals, so i ordered some simple "bomber" ones instead.

Total eBay bargain!

It would appear they are already in 130 travel mode as they are the roughly the same legnth as the Psylos, so i dont need to convert the travel after all :)

Back