Shimano Downtube shifter bosses - Concave Washers

I'd check with petra cycles before ordering - the pic in that second link is of the right part, but the part number is not. part number for the concave washers ("lever boss cover" is the shimano name for it) is Y-643 38101, but the part number for the flat type ("Lever boss cover for light alloy frame") is Y-643 43000. Here's a link to the official shimano spec sheet. The exact same part numbers are also used in dura ace (and all other) levers).

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techd ... 609217.pdf

Andy

Thanks

Thanks Foz and was8v
I did notice that with the Petra link that it was the part number that was the same. It turns out it is the picture thats wrong.
I have checked with Shimano and that part number/part is obsolete. I have been told by one shop that its only obsolete in the UK and is still available in Europe and North America.
From what I was told the Dura Ace 10 speed downtube shifters are not available in the UK either.
One shop I went into when away asked if I had seen the Dura Ace STI shifters where you change gear with the brake lever :shock: WOW!
I was going to say that I dont really want to reach to the downtube every time I use the brakes, but instead eplained that I have several sets of STI's, both Dura Ace and Ultegra that he has in the past sold me cables for :)
I only want a couple of washers, how hard can it be :LOL:

Jamie
Pedalling away with straining leg muscles.

Jamie, I'm still working on this, and have a pretty good lead - once I find time to get to the shop and have a good dig, hopefully I'll come away with a least a couple of sets! I don't think it'll be today, but maybe tomorrow morning I'll have time to get there.

I'll let you know what I find!

Cheers

Hi Foz
Cheers mate it really is appreciated.
Its crazy really, the amount of these washers that used to sit in the bottom of the toolbox or been given away in the past to now be unable to find any. Though to be fair I havent been hunting for them just this post and asking in a few shops when i am near.
I just thought the amount of fellow road lovers on here that surely someone might have a set in the bottom of the spares box.
Cheers
Jamie

maybe up your way the fixie trend isn't too big, or even non-existant, but here there are a couple of shops that are 100% dedicated to creating fixies. Since they buy old (geared) bikes for conversion, they have no use for everything except the frames, forks, bars, seatposts, etc. gears and brakes are no use to them! I need to get back to this shop when the owner is there, one of the mechanics already told me that they have boxes and boxes of this stuff but he couldn't show me without the owner being there. I asked him about gear levers, and he knows exactly what the concave washers are. his words were something like "we take off 3 or 4 sets a week and they all go in a box" :) I'm getting excited just thinking about what I might find! As I said, hopefully tomorrow morning...

Andy

Hello

Thanks guys
I have PM'd you Stringfellow.
Maybe we can put this to rest...........along with my aching legs
Jamie

Back