Torridon, 28th/29th April 2012

Previous MacRetro Skelingtons VVVVVVV

largedeadbird.jpg

DSCF2206.jpg

:twisted:

The Ken":2fvtv17r said:
I'll be collecting a 1995 frame on the way up, needs a lot of work to become a "budget" version of my unicorn.
Looking forward to seeing this and having a bit of a rake around the Perth bikestation.

kaiser":tsrs927x said:
We could make it three nights and have a pyjama party on the 29th. Do our nails, bit of vajazzle'in, big box of miniature heroes?

Is this still an option?

;)

Shit, ah've let the bush get a bit overgrown (as it were). Wish I'd had that labiaplasty an' aw...

Have fun, I'll be spending all day Sunday on a 747, and half of Monday as well.

And as an ex resident of Applecross I would advise you to ignore Kaiser and keep well away from cycling up the Beallich. Think Tourmallet with a bit of extra gradient.

Dannyboy to Mother Goose, package delivered.
PM me your paypal and I'll sort out the postage cost.
Over and Out.

I did some research on my forks last night, no rebound control, I checked out the reviews and it seems they are rated either the best fork in the world or Deathtraps - not much in between really, main comments are flex and lack of adjustment. To change the rebound requires an oil change, I'll leave it for this weekend. I still think they were a bargain though.

The rear shock is a Marin branded Shockworks MonoShock and looks not dissimilar to the type found on a Tesco bike :) . I have the spring tension to play with but nothing else I can see.

I did a bit more research on the Marin Shoreline trail - it was a pretty low spec bike so the rear shock makes sense and the forks I have put on (a very budget rockshock) are a bit of an upgrade over the originals.

Another possibility for Sunday? Poolewe - Fionn Loch causeway, out and back again:

screen%20shot%202011-04-23%20at%2021.59.01.png

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... ide-report

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... oute-ideas

A couple of choice quotes: I cannot recommend this ride highly enough and A classic, classic route which could have been made for biking. Why this isn't reglarly brought up as "the best ride in the UK" I'll never know.

Distance: 10.8 miles out, and obviously the same back.
Looks like one steep-ish climb (170m over 3 miles) and then nice descent over the last 2.5 miles down to the loch.

fionnlochelev.jpg

Did the Bealach na Ba road climb a couple of years ago in torrential rain :LOL:

It was so much fun we turned round at the top and went back to the pub rather than complete the whole circuit :LOL: :LOL:

Recommended just for the hell of it :p

I'm in

I'm in!
Looks like Friday night is doable and Saturday for sure.
I will be SSing as usual.
If I end up one of those skeletons on the Saturday someone can have my bed Saturday night.

Jamie

Back