98' Kona Explosif - unusal paint scheme...

Tightwad

Devout Dirtbag
purchased a 98' Kona Explosif Frame from a fellow member (thanks Donnie) and have rebuilt it using period parts...also had it bead blasted and then painted in Renault Liquid Pearl Yellow with BMW Oliv paint for the forks which have a yellow metalic finish...

Decals are original design with colour flip thanks to Gil on the forum.

Full XTR including BB with NOS Hope Ti Glide wheels, blah,blah.Since photo was taken have changed saddle to original Flite trans am...

Nice or Yuk !?

Attachments

• kona - resized picture 3.JPG
    kona - resized picture 3.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 826
  • kona - resized picture.JPG
    kona - resized picture.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 826
  • kona - resized picture.JPG 2.JPG
    kona - resized picture.JPG 2.JPG
    188 KB · Views: 826
Yeah.....weirdly really nice looking, but for me I'd go black rims and xlite/similar Ti flat bars (personal choice, cant stand risers)

Very nice though!

We_are_Stevo":385xxvce said:
Stem kind of spoils it for me... :?

I'm not 100% sold on the stem, although it's far from a deal breaker, the frame and forks look great.

Were they painted locally ?

Fab colour, but i think it needs a 15 degree black Thomson stem with grey straight bars. The rise on the stem will raise the straight bar to give a similar front end height.

I did this to my 1998 Kona Explosif, so I get comfort and the retro look, nice! ;)

I like the frame colour, but fork colour is not my taste.
Stem seems a bit chunky for the rest of it.
and the tyre will be great in the muddy ground after all this rain.

That a quick glance opinion.

How's it riding for you ?

I rather like the colours but I don't like the tyres, stem and saddle.
But then I've got a bit of a pet hate of seeing mountain bikes with skinny road tyres on. I know, it's probably just me...... :roll:

Back