1991 Rocky Mountain Cirrus **New project** Update 10.10.2011

Maybe someone who worked for MB had one stickered up to display with the cars in a showroom, say to show how a bike rack accessory may attach to a car.

I'd have to agree that this was probably done by someone who wanted MB branding on the frame. The decals are standard vinyl cut which is easily and relatively cheap to produce/obtain.

Now let's see the RM Experience you have! :)

The RM Experience is not much to look at at the moment. I got the frame from a buddy who had a bike shop at one time. The the frame was stripped of everything including the decals when I got it , but the price was right, a case of beer and he threw in a set of lime green Magura brakes . Oh it does have bb , haven't tried to remove that yet.
Cheers

Cirrus 1991

Project Cirrus #1: Bought a hardtail MTB for £50 that was once a pro-racing masterpiece. In this case a 17" ROCKY MOUNTAIN CIRRUS RACE made in Canada 1992 with 7000Alu tubing, Original 21 speed Deore XT groupset, Synchros 7000 30.4 seatpost/bars, Rock Shox MAG30 forks, Wolber AT18 rims. - Stay tuned for renovation upates! YA16689

Attachments

• 561323_10150652487951599_585801598_9541652_693282219_n.jpg
    561323_10150652487951599_585801598_9541652_693282219_n.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 560
Sprayed black yesterday and now awaiting the fresh RM decals in white. I've read this thread and would like to say my model has a 30.4mm seat tube. I'm not going for the full retro-look. I'd like to modernise it to get the weight down as much as possible and get rid of the more heavier 90's components. This is going to be a stiff hard working forest bike! Can't wait to finish it. I think I got an absolute bargain. I dreamed about this bike 20 years ago!

Attachments

• 476707_10150655209951599_585801598_9548103_1689468122_o.jpg
    476707_10150655209951599_585801598_9548103_1689468122_o.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 558
I do like the painted look - the black looks really good, nice finish.

Makes me think I may paint mine one day if I ever fancy a change, although RockiMtn would probably fly over to the UK and give me a right kicking if I did! ;-)

Glad you like it! - I like black frames and realise it's not a standard colour for Rocky Mountain' bikes. I doubt any of their employees from 20 years ago remember what colours were used in given years, so they'll have to catch me on it!

I've started re-building it now and it's looking hard as nails this bike. Bulky, tough looking, yet lightweight and seriously good quality. Just need to wait a week for some parts from ebay to arrive then i'll fit them on and post some photos of the finished bike-.

Awaiting Parts:

RM full set transfers (white/red) new
Deore V-Brakes/levers (used)
3x Deore (chainrings) (new)
Cable set (new)
Shimano rear mech wheels (new)

Rob Atkin":305uikd6 said:

Makes me think I may paint mine one day if I ever fancy a change, although RockiMtn would probably fly over to the UK and give me a right kicking if I did! ;-)

Nah, all I'd have to do is skip a rock across the pond to hit you in the head. ;) :LOL:

I'm gonna hold my tongue and not pass judgement on the painting. :roll:

Why are all the new Cirrus owners here not starting their own build threads, first Wold Ranger, and now elalpine? :? Don't hide your bikes!

RockiMtn":2thuaygt said:
Rob Atkin":2thuaygt said:

Nah, all I'd have to do is skip a rock across the pond to hit you in the head. ;) :LOL:

Why are all the new Cirrus owners here not starting their own build threads, first Wold Ranger, and now elalpine? :? Don't hide your bikes!

Mine's not finished yet really, decals are with me now and have also fitted Canti's and levers and some more period wheels., Pic's coming soon!

Wold Ranger":2t4gz25m said:
RockiMtn":2t4gz25m said:
Rob Atkin":2t4gz25m said:

Mine's not finished yet really, decals are with me now and have also fitted Canti's and levers and some more period wheels., Pic's coming soon!

Just be sure to start your own thread, as opposed to updating mine! :roll: :LOL: ;)

Latest posts

Back