Torridon, 28th/29th April 2012

I'll have a look for an area map tonight, I'm sure i purchased one last year, failing that I've inherited 100s of maps from the climbers in my family, however they're not likely to be the most up to date

kaiser":pwmu09ua said:
Have you made any attempt at set up TK?

there isn't much to set up K - spin the ring to change the stiffness and twiddle the knobs for more bounce or less on the front - but the range is really bouncy or just bouncy - no lock out I can find.

The Ken":1rkli84l said:
Loch Maree is just up the road - it is meant to have some lovely single track

the tollie road trail follows about 1/3 of loch maree.

would like to see loch maree again, I've been there once as a kid and it was spectacular :D

gmac123":1t76b7tz said:
I'll have a look for an area map tonight, I'm sure i purchased one last year, failing that I've inherited 100s of maps from the climbers in my family, however they're not likely to be the most up to date
I can still mind when Mr P broke out his 'first edition' OS map on the coast to coast. Marked with all sorts of useful information - 'McWhittery and Sons - Purveyors of Harris tweed and plus fours for the gentleman explorer', 'Captain Wilson's Tea Room - The finest blends from the Orient' and 'Horatio P. Absynthe - Penny Farthing and Velocipede hire by appointment to HRH Victoria'.

zigzag":2lskny25 said:
gmac123":2lskny25 said:
I can still mind when Mr P broke out his 'first edition' OS map on the coast to coast. Marked with all sorts of useful information - 'McWhittery and Sons - Purveyors of Harris tweed and plus fours for the gentleman explorer', 'Captain Wilson's Tea Room - The finest blends from the Orient' and 'Horatio P. Absynthe - Penny Farthing and Velocipede hire by appointment to HRH Victoria'.

very like that, a number of the maps in the box are pre decimalisation :p

Weekend Weather:

torridonweather.jpg

I'm ignoring the 'light snow' on Thursday and Friday, and putting my faith in some gazzmagic...

Back