97 Sunn Exact Ti

hi and welcome to the forum, nice to see another Sunn ti, check out mine here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sunn+exact

If you ever want to go suspension I'd recommend Pace MXCs, there's just the right amount of travel for these frames and they're really quite capable forks, just did a trip in the dales this weekend, lots of steep rocky downhills and kept up to my mate on his modern Chris Boardman no probs. They come up on e-bay now and again and you can get them sercived by Fork English

Hi and thanks for the welcome! I thought I was the only one with a Sunn exact ti until I found this site.

Like your bike,you kind of have the same 'red' theme going through the bike as I do. Those forks look nice! I must keep an eye out for them,I have never seen forks with the brakes facing backwards though. How do you find them? or is there any difference between them and the usual forward facing brakes?

I'm currently looking at salsa cromoto, surly 1x1 and trigon forks,
I want to raise the front a small bit but not so much that would ruin the geometry of the bike and that would look nice.

thanks I've changed the wheels, cranks and rear mech since then, I'll have to get round to updating the thread. As for the brakes I think the idea is that the rotation of the wheel means they flex less since it pulls the brake into the fork rather than away from it. I'm not sure there's much in it though and the bosses on these forks are reversible so you can mount them whichever way you like.

There are some other Ti Sunns in the '98> section including softails

Nice frame.

Sunn frames seem to make people want to put red on them. My one (not Ti) has red detailing as well, I think it's the bare metal.

I thought as much about the rear facing brakes, makes sense too!

Had a look at those other Sunn ti bikes, never knew there was a soft tail version. Is there much maintenance in the soft tail shock?

I think Sunn bikes are subtle in design and not 'showy', if you know what I mean.

I think, red goes well with the flat grey titanium oxide colour

nice sunn ti

g8 bike there, I have the later exact ti 000(morati hc1.3) with a morati ti stem & ti fork fitted...........wanted a morati ti m-bar and matching morati ti seat post........but sooo epensive & rare.......
enjoy the ride a g8 bike from a g8 company.

lovely :D but I don't know about the flatties though.. frame is build for world cup racing ;) my suggesting is not going for a fork with longer ac then 410mm.. better then a stem or handlebar with some rise
obsys fork, yeah.. that's a project of its own.. and seals are starting to get very rare as i've understood.. put up a wanted thread on sunnproteam.biz that's my suggestion.. i've never taken apart an obsys and have never changed seals, so can't sadly help on that apartment.. i've owned 4 carbons, 2 that leaked, 2 that didn't, of of those 4 i have today one of each.. one on my exact ti the best.. still going strong after years of riding.. only maintenance is inflating some air once a month *thumbs up*
soft tail rear flex need no maintenance at all.. system use a 30mm elastomer which u easily change when gone hard - every 3-5 years :p
I have a swap thread on sunnproteam.biz for a frame like yours, giving up my exact ti flex... so if u ever ;)

Re: nice sunn ti

Conrads":1lbo4771 said:
g8 bike there, I have the later exact ti 000(morati hc1.3) with a morati ti stem & ti fork fitted...........wanted a morati ti m-bar and matching morati ti seat post........but sooo epensive & rare.......
enjoy the ride a g8 bike from a g8 company.

I saw your bike on a google search and thats what led me to this site.
nice bike! Do morati not exist anymore? I have seen those parts you mention
on various other bikes, but not many so I guessed that they were rare.

It is a g8 bike!

biocandy":2393kk6z said:
lovely :D but I don't know about the flatties though.. frame is build for world cup racing ;) my suggesting is not going for a fork with longer ac then 410mm.. better then a stem or handlebar with some rise
obsys fork, yeah.. that's a project of its own.. and seals are starting to get very rare as i've understood.. put up a wanted thread on sunnproteam.biz that's my suggestion.. i've never taken apart an obsys and have never changed seals, so can't sadly help on that apartment.. i've owned 4 carbons, 2 that leaked, 2 that didn't, of of those 4 i have today one of each.. one on my exact ti the best.. still going strong after years of riding.. only maintenance is inflating some air once a month *thumbs up*
soft tail rear flex need no maintenance at all.. system use a 30mm elastomer which u easily change when gone hard - every 3-5 years :p
I have a swap thread on sunnproteam.biz for a frame like yours, giving up my exact ti flex... so if u ever ;)

I have the road tyres on as this is my only bike so I have it set up for the type of riding I do, mainly on country roads and such. Being honest, the bike has had a very easy life with me, thats why its in such good condition and original. I wasn't too keen on the low,drawn out position it has with the obsys forks though, so I opted for a steel rigid fork. It has an A-C of 420mm so will see how that goes.

It's a pity about the obsys forks though, I might try your suggestion about the sunnproteam forum for the seals. It amazes me though, are they that different that no other seals will do???
:? :?

Back