Daccordi Turbo Project

Midlife":2xndfnrf said:
If you are putting chrome forks on can I make a polite request for a nice gentle raked fork and not a straight set :)

It's the 70's in me coming through LOL

Shaun

Oh yes!!

The original forks were quite lovely and swept out beautifully with colour coordinated crowns and top quarter and then chrome from there down.

Here you are Midlife......

f8663eeba62e247aba4c927ce0c41d34.image.900x598.jpg

Nice one Gracie, I saw that bike on eBay myself. You bagged an unusual bike for a good price - well done and welcome to the Daccordi club.

Mark.

That frameset is $1899 if you have any spare change, it is beautiful and those forks are something special.

Thanks Mark, really looking forward to bringing her home and naming her ;)

Well she is home now and officially mine :) The previous owner was a really nice chap and a very enthusiastic cyclist and vintage Moulton restorer who kindly showed me a few of his completed works and bikes in progress over a cuppa.

The bike has been built using remnants of other bikes the previous owner had bought and the standard of components is pretty good with a couple of jokers in the pack such as a Deore LX headset and the Altus shifters.

My overall feelings are mixed with some good bits and some bad bits! It is exactly as I expected in appearance and condition so no big shocks in store but I do have a lot of thinking to do.

I will probably be letting a few of the parts go such as Campy Chorus Brake Callipers, Shimano 105 Brake Levers, Campy Rear Mech 980/990!?! USE Carbon Seatpost and the Wheels too. PM me with an offer if you fancy any of these bits.

I've quickly taken a few pics to give you all a flavour of the bike, it's components and the base of my project....

IMGP1041.JPG

IMGP1042.JPG

IMGP1043.JPG

IMGP1044.JPG

IMGP1045.JPG

IMGP1047.JPG

IMGP1052.JPG

IMGP1059.JPG

IMGP1078.JPG

Bella!
I would keep the brakes, they're good ones - maybe even polish up the wheels and keep those too for now. Agree about the rest plus ditch the saddle!
Good work on the blog so far - love that ad!

Mark.

daccordimark":n94sxm7g said:
Bella!
I would keep the brakes, they're good ones - maybe even polish up the wheels and keep those too for now. Agree about the rest plus ditch the saddle!
Good work on the blog so far - love that ad!

Mark.

Cheers Mark.

Ha Ha! What makes you think that saddle is even still in the house!!!!!!!

The Chorus brakes are good but I like the look of my Veloce units much more and I have started polishing the wheels already and really wanted to keep them but they are tubs which I find to be awkward and expensive.

Polish and breakdown

Managed to spend a bit of time in front of the TV on Wednesday night watching the football and drinking beer whilst cleaning one of the rims with some success. Multitasking!

Not sparkling but it has a shine and is definitely an improvement over the original state as you can see by the second picture.

IMGP1112.JPG

IMGP1120.JPG

Today's effort has to be my most favourite thing apart from riding and that is dismantling...

IMGP1115.JPG

Please note my use of sandwich bags to keep all those parts super fresh. Nobody like stale parts ;)

Back