Cannondale Killer V500

dadstardeluxe

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,
this is my latest acquisition, am going to use it to go to work initially hence the tyres, but it will go off road in the summer months, very happy with it so far..

Attachments

• DSC_5832.JPG
    DSC_5832.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 2,524
Looks good, was there ever any reason why the top tube was different compared with the traditional looks other than for looks?

Looks very nice!

I'm no expert, so please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe cannondale felt this would give a slightly tighter/stiffer ride, especially round the head tube area, and also give a slightly better stand over height.....

Either way, I love the looks - very jealous!

Hi ya dadstardeluxe , its good to see you finally posting. I bought some m563 LX hubs off you a while back, and freaked you out when i asked if you had any other retrobikes ( think you might have thought i was a tealeaf casing the joint), I also noticed you have sold a good few things retro on ebay.

I work over the road from you at Lifford House so will keep an eye out for the dale.

The dale is looking nice but it does need off road tyres and mud ;)

Ha, well there you go! Nice to speak again. Yep I agree, I need tyres, some mud and some time to play! Did you build the hubs up?

dadstardeluxe":2inz6ii1 said:
Ha, well there you go! Nice to speak again. Yep I agree, I need tyres, some mud and some time to play! Did you build the hubs up?

they were to be my first attempt at wheel building but i bottled it im afraid :oops: :oops: :cry:

having time is a bugger but a small bonus of living in brum is the canal network, evenings are getting lighter too, so if you ever fancy getting a few training miles in let me know

the lapworth loop can be quite cool and i find it physically demanding enough when the paths are dry, have also done it in winter with axle deep mud in places and its a killer

there is a shorter 22 milish loop too using the rivers to join the union and stratford canal

http://www.mapmyride.com/s/routes/view/ ... ham/564405

Thanks,
I'm liking it, the balance is really good, stayed still upright for about 5 minutes the other day, didn't plan to, just happened. Good bikes are nice aren't they?! :D

Thanks,
I'm liking it, the balance is really good, stayed still upright for about 5 minutes the other day, didn't plan to, just happened. Good bikes are nice aren't they?! :D

Back