27 inch wheelset

tomdiffey

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone, first post, was recommended by another forum.

I'm restoring a 1955 (ish) road bike and looking for as many period parts as possible.

I need some 27 inch wheels as 700c are fitted at the mo. If from 50's or 60's then great but newer ones may be suitable too. Need to be in decent nick but I don't want to spend more than £60 or so, though will consider anything near that mark.

Thanks

Tom

if in case you get some do you want to sell the 700's as im after a rear for my singlespeed.

I'm looking to sell a couple of wheelsets as it happens, though I want to sell as pairs. What are you after? I've got a set of Campagnolo Khamsins and a set of Campagnolo mexico 58's. Let me know if either of those are like what you want.

27inch wheel set 50's 60's

Hi, i got quite a few from those era's.

What condition do you want them in?
Normandy high flanges would be the most appro for that age.
steel chrome or old alloy?
I have also the period parts you want,
Make up a list of what you require and i can upload the pics.

Regards..Quizzer

Chute55uk:

Looking for £80 and £55 respectively. May have something cheaper in the next week or two... If I get round to converting my commuter to fixed I can sell you the rear wheel for a fiver (it's not worth any more than that!). Will let you know, or is that too cheap?

Quizzer:

Thanks for the reply, high flanges would look great! As for chrome vs alloy, I'd probably make the choice based on how individual wheels look to be honest, unless you have a particular recommendation? With regard to condition, as good as I can afford really. Sorry that's not too much to go by but I'm going to be spending a considerable amount of money getting it re-enameled so I don't want the wheels letting it down. At the same time I can only work in the summer so I don't have a lot of cash to throw around. What have you got?

Thanks

Sorry, missed the second half of your message.

I've only had the bike about a week so could do with most things!

Mainly a rear derailleur (4-5 speed probably), single crankset, brakes as the current ones will be a too deep for 27 inch rims, saddle and a friction shifter would be good too.

Would also be interested in a stem but that's not as important.

The bike's actually complete as it is but a bit of a mix-match of parts and nothing original.

hmmm what i got....FAR FAR too much.

It is more of a question what you want.
I got about 60 bikes, mostly dating from the 60,s to the 80's,
and about 15 frames, wheelsets and parts.

I have started only this week to started listing items on fleabay

I put a link this morning to out my ebay listings

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/deborah9226/m ... 4340.l2562

I am sure i can sort you out within your price range.
Will do some digging out tomorrow and post some pics.

Maybe better if i have a list of all you need.Would be a great saving on postage, if it was all togather in one box.

Ok just seen your last reply..will get some nice period stuff for you to look at.

Regards..Quizzer

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
i have a campag friction shifter with clamp and a rear mech (its a rusty old shimano from the 70's) you can have for nowt if you want (if it helps get that rear wheel off your bike and on to mine :D

Latest posts

Back