Torridon, 28th/29th April 2012

friday maybe

I will check/know tonight whether or not I can get down on friday evening.
I am just out the door for a flying visit to Glasgow as I have to go away for work and realised my passport is out of date so have an emergency appiontment for 10am in the morning :roll:
Heading down tonight to the inlaws and then all being well will be heading home by 2pm tomorrow when the passport's issued.
My nearest office is Glasgow, 6 odd hours away :roll:
I would go on my Aussie one but then I will only get a tourist visa back in ;)
Sort things tonight and will let you know for sure.
Jamie

Easties, what time do you want to meet?

I'm off all day so can leave anytime, I might have something to pick up in Perth on route but that will only take 15 mins.

Velo if you are getting the train to Falkirk would it not be easier getting it to Perth and We'll pick you up there - would give you a longer lie in if anything. Mute point if ZZ is collecting you.

Cannae wait! Ordered mysell a new backpack to take the DSLR with us. Hopefully get some good shots.

Take a poly bag to wrap it in :)

Must remember camera too!

Bike is nearly done, need grips and gears - test run tonight, although no front mech will either mean manual changes or thighs of steel :)

Does anyone have a 34.9 bottom pull top swing (?) front mech they could bring along? Either a lend or a purchase.

Point is indeed mute as you get door to door service with ZZ Cars :D
Good lad our Aaron :D
Wish I could get excited but I'm knackered and its only Tuesday, unfortunately I feel dread at the idea of slogging about the back country if my ME plays up. However I'll still be there and very probably I'll enjoy every minute even as the slaggings about my grumpiness come flying in :roll:

Always thought it was a 'moot point' . Anyhoo looking at some of the link throughout the thread to see what could be suitable for the Sunday AM bimble. Anyone want to offer anything up? The Tollie path one looks good but might be a bit long. Thoughts?

The Ken":25dw3zap said:
Does anyone have a 34.9 bottom pull top swing (?) front mech they could bring along? Either a lend or a purchase.

I have a few weird mechs about I'll have a dig if I get time.

The Ken":2w8sbno4 said:
Easties, what time do you want to meet?
TK, pick a time you want to leave and me and Velo will be there. I think the westies are leaving Glesga at 3-ish, we can always get there early and get spannered, or go for a ride, or...

Also, if you want, we could take the Ka rather than your Touran if you'd prefer. Would need to transfer one of your Thule bike carriers over to my roof, but the 3 of us and our shite should fit with one back seat down, although you'd be relegated to the back seat as we'd need to break Velo's legs to make him fit. And that would just make him grumpy. Up to you.

Don't have a bottom swing mech I'm afraid, only got a modern XT dual pull top swing in 34.9.

The Ken":3lgkbahn said:
Take a poly bag to wrap it in :)

Must remember camera too!

Bike is nearly done, need grips and gears - test run tonight, although no front mech will either mean manual changes or thighs of steel :)

TK Ive got a XT M739 34.9 you can have/borrow :?
Whats it goin on?

Is this the type you need? :)
IMG_1308.jpg

Back