WARRIORS AND WARLORDS Chas Roberts & Keith Bontrager

Great job Carl.

I genuinely think it is amazing that you spend time, effort, and money to save bikes like this from a rusty and obscure end.

hydorah":3a0kmrct said:
Thanks Sinnerman

That was great to read and the bike looks fantastic, like they always do once they've been in your stable for a bit

The weight of the machine at the bottom of the spec sheet was like the climax of a tense thriller :cool:

And yeah she looks tough :D

Thank you, the weight..., to be brutally honest i would love for it to have come in under 23lbs, and then to have been able to add the disc drive and for the rumours to have been proved right would have just been the icing on the cake..., but sadly it wasnt to be.

Although i did weigh the bike with pedals on, and i am aware that bikes tended to get weighed without them, (although i didnt agree with this, as you cant ride a bike without them... :roll: ) this was weighed with.

by Modern standards, to me it seems mental now.. when we discuss weight, as i suppose these figures arent anything to write home about, but when you consider the time frame, this was a lightweight racer by any standards in late 91, for a comparison it wasnt untill 93 the Kona Explosif hit 23.85lbs, for the same size with its mix of Tange tubing, (and again no pedals of course).

:cool:

No words, just...

taking-one-s-hat-off.jpg

wired99":2wvsz2id said:
Jawdroppingly beautiful bikes, both yours and hemmings! Thanks for brightening my day with this great thread!!

Thank you, i think the Hemmings pics really show it at its best though.

feetabix":oqb3msr1 said:
great job as ever karl!....the site would be a worse place without you sir!.... :D

Not so Sure, but it is nice sitting back and remembering a time when life seemed simpler, thats for sure.

Back