Marin 1990 Bear Valley Rebuild - FINISHED !!! PAGE 38 !!!

RockiMtn":2u9d08xr said:
WD Pro":2u9d08xr said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: At the number of views ! It's been a while since this has been bumped :D

Thanks for the additional comments :D

poweredbypies":2u9d08xr said:
Just spent an hour or so reading all this thread. This is car resto quality work you have done on this. I just love the ti with the polished logos pur quality. If this is the level of detail you go to on a bike a car done by you be stunning.

Top work have a bacon butty you earned it.

WD :D

wow given 3 years for the bike, estimate of what, 10 years for the car??? :LOL:

Youre probably not far out ... :oops: :LOL:

Three BV's on page one :shock:

Well, certainly puts my rattle can '92 BV to shame. This is attention to detail of the very highest order - incredible - except for that sticky-out seatpost shim. Sorry, had to say it., feeling bad already. Also, I know it's hidden away but the bike deserves a UN72 bb at least!
Looking fwd to seeing your Airborne project (I've got a 2002/3 Lancaster.)

WD Pro":luz34ao2 said:
now I have read the 29 pages for the first time and I must say, hats off mate ;)
It's amazing, starting it in 2008 and end in 2011 :shock::shock: (during this time I have built more than 10 bikes)
Rarely seen such a build project, with attention to detail. Great work mate ;););) ...lot of fun with it.

WD Pro":38pku1e2 said:
dkdaz":38pku1e2 said:
can i ask where you got the OE marin stickers from?

From the importer BITD - We (dad had a palisades) moaned that they fell off (the first batch did) so they sent us replacements. Dads bike got stolen and I decided I liked mine 'stealth' so the decal sets lived in a envelope for about 20 years :LOL:

Other than what I stuck on my toolbox, I still have most of a neon yellow set :D

Found a picture in Photobucket of the OE decals, it might be in this thread somewhere but I wasn't going to go and check :LOL:

DSC03594.jpg

Nader":3jrbapfg said:
WD Pro":3jrbapfg said:
now I have read the 29 pages for the first time and I must say, hats off mate ;)
It's amazing, starting it in 2008 and end in 2011 :shock::shock: (during this time I have built more than 10 bikes)
Rarely seen such a build project, with attention to detail. Great work mate ;););) ...lot of fun with it.

I haven't even had 10 bikes in my 37 years ... :LOL:

1 : Raleigh Budgie
2 : Raleigh Speedway
3 : Raleigh Night Burner
4 : Raleigh Record Sprint
5 : Marin Bear Valley
6 : ProFlex 856
7 : Airborne Lucky Strike

I've gotta say, This has been my favorite build so far. I have enjoyed this thoroughly and use this to inspire a project of my own. I have been out of commission for a while but hope this project of mine will bring me back. A blast to read. Start to finish. :)

WD Pro":44wo91j5 said:
1 : Raleigh Budgie

Scientifically proven to be the easiest bike to wheelie known to man

This BV is the best bike on here IMO. The attention to detail, the oh so subtle customisation, the finish, it just takes things to a whole new level

Congratulations on such an acheivement!

G

Latest posts

Back