Why did I not buy cable cutters sooner?

was8v

Senior Retro Guru
I have always "got by" using electrical wire cutter and pliers to cut cable.

This requires a fair amount of effort and damages the cutting edges, and also often some cleaning up of the wire / outer afterwards.

I always baulked at the price of bike-marketed cutters, but last week I finally bought some "Pro's Kit" Wire rope cutters from a seller on ebay for just £8 delivered.

What a revelation! If you don't have a pair then buy a pair now!

8PK-CT006.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370576048876

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have a pair of pliers from grandads shed that never fail to cut clenly through cables, old steel is strong stuff.

A bit the same here; for years just some crap electrical pliers and when they got blunt had to put them in the vice to cut a cable. Got fed up and then purchased a small quality Bolt Cutter - first rate job with no effort at all.

I use a dremel cut off disc for the few times I need to cut cables and outers..... but if I was doing it freequeeently, for sure I'd get cutters.

You can nibble through quite thick cables with these.

I have a cheap pair of HIT ones and once nibbled through a inch diameter steel cable with them in an emergency.

Quality!

Latest posts

Back