Parkpre Pro Image 1995 more or less finished

Fond memories

Wow... love it... I had the cro-moly Park Pre that the guy above renovated. It was my first MTB after riding a road bike... Back in 1995 I bought one from Cambrian Tyres as I went to Uni in the town where they were based and was riding with the guys who worked there. Great bunch (Shelly Childs, Jo Hayward, et al). Have to say it was an awesome bike. Bit like a drug I think - you never manage to get the same buzz back after your very first proper MTB ride. The trails up around Nant Y Moch were epic back then (and are even better now) and this bike, with some crappy road pedals on, ate it all up.

I bought the bike with my student loan (spent several years paying it off), but was so impressed I convinced my dad to buy the aluminium Pro Image - and he's still got it today. Will try to blag it off him.

I sold my cro-mo bike (full xt and manitou 4s) for £50 to a chubby bloke in Hull. Nuts. Wish I kept it now.

The pictures of the cro-mo frame at the start of the link look just like my old bike - even down to the dints on the top tube (from the Diacompe break levers...). Mine had purple canti's though. :p

I too got my first Parkpre directly from Cambrian. At the time I worked for a company that supplied them car tyres. I bumped into Shelly at last years Mountain Mayhem, he was on the Continental stand. We chatted about the old days and Parkpres' for hours. This frame and forks came from a guy in Ipswich so don't know if it could be your old bike.

Back