WTD: Gipiemme 6 speed rear mech & Regina block

DeathDwarf

Dirt Disciple
Hi there, putting together an Italian bike which I have most parts for already.
Most of these are of the authentic sort, so I'd rather get these two bits to match.
The rear derailleur suggested is a Gipiemme/Simplex SLJ 5500 and the freewheel - which is of the threaded variety - is a Regina Oro 6 speed.
However, I think I could be flexible with the freewheel and have any Regina from the 80s that is a 6 speed, preferably with a wider spread - say 14-24 or 14-26.
The other bits I'm looking for are some Nisi tubular rims and Vittorias. These seem easier to find and I've got the hubs.
If anyone has or knows of a place in the UK or EU that deals with stuff like this then get in touch!
Much appreciated.

I have a vgc 14 to 32 regina synchro 7 speed. screw on £10 + post

Just found a Nisi rim in the garage 36 hole black in vgc £5+post i can't find the other one at present{i did have a pair :? }

cheers,
sorry if this is a stupid question, but do 7-speed freewheels need 7 speed derailleurs? I mean, if its a non-indexed derailleur can you adjust it so the travel is wide enough? Or, take one cog off?

I,ve a 6spd Regina block very good condition 14/26 pm if you still need one.jm.

bagpuss":29mgrdfw said:
I have a vgc 14 to 32 regina synchro 7 speed. screw on £10 + post

Just found a Nisi rim in the garage 36 hole black in vgc £5+post i can't find the other one at present{i did have a pair :? }

would probably rather buy a pair. Think the spec quoted 'solidal' type.

I've got a brand new never been fitted - never been used Gipiemme branded Simplex SLJ6600 aero rear mech'

I did buy it for spares for my Motobecane !

One problem it cost me a lot of money and not really willing to let it go for no less than £75 :shock:

I can upload some pictures if you just want to have a look at it :cool:

The badge is not the awful green-yellow-black- red-blue version, but mine is a copper colour with Gipiemme in the middle

I have a pair of Nisi rims in silver, 28h. What number of spoke holes are you looking for?

>> do 7-speed freewheels need 7 speed derailleurs? I mean, if its a non-indexed derailleur can you adjust it so the travel is wide enough?

5,6 and 7 are interchangeable; there is enough travel on a "6" speed mech to cover a 7 speed freewheel. I have used Campag Super/Nuovo/Gran Sport and Suntour mechs on 7 speed freewheels for years. Can't comment on Shimano from personal experience, but I would be very surprised if they didn't have the travel.

Nick

Back