First Project - Daccordi Mitico

With the aero tubes it is definitely the full blown Turbo model. As for serial numbers mine doesn't even have one - just the seat tube and top tube lengths stamped under the bottom bracket. I've seen more than one seller on eBay thinking the top tube length is the SN. I would say you've nothing to lose by firing off an email to Daccordi with the serial number and asking them.

Mark.

Thanks Mark I really appreciate the help.

It is without any doubt a Turbo frameset and would just like to pin it down to a year or period. My first thoughts of 91/92 now seem too modern given my afternoon's research, and somewhere out there is the answer..

I have though found pictures of a identical but more stunning Turbo frameset in the states, with a healthy price tag of $1899.99, that shows the markings on the underside. Just 56 which I guess is for the Seat Tube in CM and 555 which could be the Top Tube in MM.

0c9ef7e9973a0996b87ebf19ebfd0cb3.image.900x598.jpg
[/quote]

Gracie":mx00636p said:
With the aero tubes it is definitely the full blown Turbo model. As for serial numbers mine doesn't even have one - just the seat tube and top tube lengths stamped under the bottom bracket. I've seen more than one seller on eBay thinking the top tube length is the SN. I would say you've nothing to lose by firing off an email to Daccordi with the serial number and asking them.

Mark.

Thanks Mark I really appreciate the help.

It is without any doubt a Turbo frameset and would just like to pin it down to a year or period. My first thoughts of 91/92 now seem too modern given my afternoon's research, and somewhere out there is the answer..

I have though found pictures of a identical but more stunning Turbo frameset in the states, with a healthy price tag of $1899.99, that shows the markings on the underside. Just 56 which I guess is for the Seat Tube in CM and 555 which could be the Top Tube in MM.

Spot on - the top tube length is in MM which is what confuses some people. You'll have to start your own thread when you get your frame. As for the date I don't know when Daccordi changed their font from what my 1986 frame has to the style that the TSX frame on the Ben's Cycle site has. If we knew that at least you'd know the latest possible date. I wouldn't think it was any earlier than 1987 in any case.

Mark.

Thanks for the help and advice and I shall leave the thread to be about Coggav's brilliant work and lovely bike.

Hi Coggav,

Hope you are enjoying your ride!

Hey a question about the bb and chainset. I wonder if you can help?

I have got my bike up and running now and have gone with new campag (veloce as well actually) for shifters, mechs and brakes. I still have shimano cranks and bottom bracket on though and i would like the next stage of the process to be campag cranks and chain rings. Do you know if they will fit with standard shimano external bottom brackets? This is my first bike with external bottom brackets so i dont know about interchangability between systems. The external bb's that are on there are presumably italian threaded as they fit in my daccordi but will i have to change the bb too to fit the new chainrings and cranks? Based on my experience thus far - the answer is going to be complex!

Eventually the stem and handlebars will need to change too - but this is not scheduled until well into 2013.

Thanks Coggav (or anyone else who can help!!!)

Regards

Miro

Hi, I would keep it simple as BBs are relatively low cost items and just buy which ever level of Campag external BB you prefer - I think I bought Record as they are not that much more expensive than Veloce. I don't think Shimano BBs will work with the Campag chainset - I presume you will be buying a chainset and not separate cranks and chainrings?? I would guess that the BB will need to be italian threaded as you have a Daccordi....but depending on the age of your Daccordi it might be worth double checking on their website....mine was certainly italian threaded! Depending on which chainset you buy you will either need Ultra Torque or Power Torque BB so check which one you need....

Thanks Coggav,

I really appreciate your response.

I will look into the cost of bottom brackets and take it from there. I am quite a wee way from any decent shop so I guess it would make sense to get the chainset and matching bb at the same time to avoid the costs of two lots of postage.

Cheers

Miro

Back