WARRIORS AND WARLORDS Chas Roberts & Keith Bontrager

Giel":1e67doe0 said:
Excellent story, in a place where people are passionate about old bikes, :)

Thank Giel.

There is something about steel, that gets me fired up thats for sure.

Here is a pic of Dave Hemming riding as a junior, aboard The roberts White spider.

Attachments

• dave_h_racing_junior_malverns_classic_roberts_whitespider_ultralight_158_165.jpg
    dave_h_racing_junior_malverns_classic_roberts_whitespider_ultralight_158_165.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,503
sinnerman":1u8rw7fb said:
Thank you mate, looking forward to seeing the yours finished too, and believe me when i say, it really will be worth the wait.

You don't know how many times I've read that thread and drooled over the images.

I can't wait to get it going but I need to save up a bit more cash to get it all sorted. Hopefully won't be long :)

Do you know how longs its taken you to put the White Spider together? And how on earth did you manage to find that frame in that condition? Its just lovely.

Bring on Part 2 :D

Giom6":2geqarn8 said:
sinnerman":2geqarn8 said:
Thank you mate, looking forward to seeing the yours finished too, and believe me when i say, it really will be worth the wait.

You don't know how many times I've read that thread and drooled over the images.

I can't wait to get it going but I need to save up a bit more cash to get it all sorted. Hopefully won't be long :)

Do you know how longs its taken you to put the White Spider together? And how on earth did you manage to find that frame in that condition? Its just lovely.

Bring on Part 2 :D

All i can say is that i was chasing this for a long time, eventually and quite surprisingly i got an email from the seller asking if i still wanted it.

of course i jumped at the chance, and with some help, it was returned to its original spec.

I would like to thank a couple of people now we are on the subject, big thanks to Dave.H and Chas R., also would like to thank Bill for being such a gent.

And i would like to thank Gil_M too, for the replacement Ritchey Logic Crank decals, the originals were tatty and although i had to polish the duraluminium cranks, which were worn and lacquer fading and rubbed, i wouldnt have polished them, and made them good again if i didnt couldnt get replacement decals. Cheers mate.

As for the Part two, all i am waiting for is a hubset, a brakeset, and ideally a seatpost, all im waiting for is the post man to arrive, then i can build the wheels, and finish the build.... :roll:

Thanks Sinnerman

That was great to read and the bike looks fantastic, like they always do once they've been in your stable for a bit

The weight of the machine at the bottom of the spec sheet was like the climax of a tense thriller :cool:

And yeah she looks tough :D

Jawdroppingly beautiful bikes, both yours and hemmings! Thanks for brightening my day with this great thread!!

Back