First Project - Daccordi Mitico

Thanks for sharing this.

I'm picking up my Daccordi on Wednesday evening and can't wait. I am in two minds whether to go original spec or modern, I have the feeling that it all depends on the build year.

Which Daccordi are you getting? I'm very happy with modern kit on a vintage frame - works really well.

Just in the process of identifying the actual model and year using the internet is tricky so far and I have only found one online catalogue from 1990.

It is an identical frame to this one:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... t=daccordi

So it has the Fluted top tube which makes me believe it is SL or SLX and it has Aero style Seat Tube and Down Tube which should make it easy to identify the model if I can just hunt down the info.

My instinct is that it dates from about '91/92 given the paint scheme and the aero tubing...

What do you think?

Certainly looks 90's but couldn't really guess more than that. Is the fluted top tube perhaps Gilco tubing?

It probably is Columbus MS tubing but there is no mention of Gilco in the 1990 catalogue it merely says 'designed by Daccordi' and the Daccordi fluting doesn't look as pronounced as the tubes on Colnagos.

I am nearly 100% sure that it is the exact same frame as the Retrobike link!

Gracie":64xampne said:
Just in the process of identifying the actual model and year using the internet is tricky so far and I have only found one online catalogue from 1990.

It is an identical frame to this one:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... t=daccordi

So it has the Fluted top tube which makes me believe it is SL or SLX and it has Aero style Seat Tube and Down Tube which should make it easy to identify the model if I can just hunt down the info.

My instinct is that it dates from about '91/92 given the paint scheme and the aero tubing...

What do you think?

It's the Turbo model. They usually had Turbo engraved into the seat stay caps and bottom bracket shell. In fact you can see that in the third picture down in the For Sale thread. Tubing should be modified SL.

I've never been sure whether Daccordi themselves manipulated the tubing or just ordered it from Columbus as a pre-shaped set from a builder's catalogue. Certainly the seat and chain stays on my standard issue SL frame are not typical of the era. Maybe the "Designer Daccordi" stickers aren't just marketing fluff.

Mark.

I think it is a Turbo model but there was also a 'Turbo' factory option that could be added at cost to certain frames which added the beefier bottom bracket shell to stiffen up the frame.

I am also with you in thinking that Daccordi manipulated the tubes themselves from standard SL and SLX stock, which I really like the idea of personally.

I would really like to know the year of this frame, How easy are the serial numbers to decipher?

Gracie":1gf1tby6 said:
I think it is a Turbo model but there was also a 'Turbo' factory option that could be added at cost to certain frames which added the beefier bottom bracket shell to stiffen up the frame.

I am also with you in thinking that Daccordi manipulated the tubes themselves from standard SL and SLX stock, which I really like the idea of personally.

I would really like to know the year of this frame, How easy are the serial numbers to decipher?

With the aero tubes it is definitely the full blown Turbo model. As for serial numbers mine doesn't even have one - just the seat tube and top tube lengths stamped under the bottom bracket. I've seen more than one seller on eBay thinking the top tube length is the SN. I would say you've nothing to lose by firing off an email to Daccordi with the serial number and asking them.

Mark.

Back