WARRIORS AND WARLORDS Chas Roberts & Keith Bontrager

Re: .

Grannygrinder":1oj2588b said:
Nice start to the day, tea, toast and a great piece to read on my favourite subject :D

Thanks mate, ill get part two up in a week or so.., just need to wait for the postman to finish the build.

:oops:

Attachments

• Bontrager composite forks.jpg
    Bontrager composite forks.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,481
chrisv40":1aqxi2xt said:
Fantastic write up and an awesome bike as always :cool:

Cheers mate... :cool:

Attachments

• lightweight. reliable. pace.jpg
    lightweight. reliable. pace.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,476
daj":ajp4jpvd said:
great read, hope to see it at the British steel meet :cool:

I hope to be there too, thanks mate... :cool:

Attachments

• WHITE SPIDER.jpg
    WHITE SPIDER.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,463
legrandefromage":i91g5ibm said:
I wish I had even just 10% of Sinnermans passion, great read and great thread.

:oops: (i worry that i go on a bit.. :oops: )

Attachments

• pace hubs....jpg
    pace hubs....jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,391
pete_mcc":2ivtsuyg said:
lovely write up and good looking bike as ever!

Prometheus":2ivtsuyg said:
Was there a 'standard' version which wasn't an ultralight?

Don't think there was ever a standard version as each was tailor made to suit the owner and their needs. The name 'White Spider' was not applied to a set specification but more to a certain look and price point-each bike varied according to the use and therefore the tubes needed with ultra lite race ones using Nivacrom or Max OR or similar, heavy duty using some of the burliest Reynolds or a mix of everything. Once the race oriented DB came along then the WS became the more hurly burly model before disappearing totally from his line up.

Here's mine from a few years back. It's a 1989 so it's spec is very similar to Dr Bonds Tim Gould race bike with a 753 main tube and Nivacrom mix. It differs slightly from the later ones in that the seat collar faces back, it hasn't got the front mech pulley and is prior to any slope in the TT:

4602808e.jpg

Mines currently being resprayed again with matching fillet forks and stem so watch this space....

My thoughts exactly Pete, i have never seen two, absolute identical examples, heres a pic below, of an older model to mine displaying campagnolo with U brakes front and rear.

Also treacle had just bought a lovely example, looks so similar, but with oversize 531 magnum tubing, and a fillet fork.

I shall eagerly await, the pics of yours with the new fillet fork matching stem, and new repaint....knowing yourgoodself it will be as always sensational.

Attachments

• roberts.jpg
    roberts.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,387
Major22":npfcsjya said:
Breathtaking bike sinnerman, and an informative write-up as well. One of the most good looking bikes on here for awhile.

Thank you.

I have to confess, the whole bike has bowled me over a little Tbh, i cant honestly say i have another bike quite like it.

Everything about the frame is so Precise. and unbelievably so, all the clearances are tight, everything fits like a hand in a glove.

The precision is outstanding.

Attachments

• img163.jpg
    img163.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,368
Dave Hemmings, and the Roberts White Spider.

Attachments

• img162sty.jpg
    img162sty.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 1,353
  • img162ty.jpg
    img162ty.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,352
Back